Would you like to gain weight loose weight or stay the same? Poll

Would you like to gain weight loos weight or stay the same?

• I'm a guy that is too thin

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I'm a guy that is just right

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I'm a guy that is too heavy

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I'm a girl that is too thin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a girl that is just right

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • I'm a girl that is too heavy

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters

summer2007

Recycles dryer sheets
Again I think I will be in the VAST minority for sure here but I'm underweight. It's because of health reasons and I don't want to get into that but I feel like I'm REALLY in the minority of thin guys out there.

Almost all guys are heavier than me that are over 6 foot anyway!

I'm built like tommy lee of the crue or the lead singer of the black crowes.

Now I know some women love this and think it's ideal but it's not real common.

Anyway I just wanted to see how many people one way or the other wanted to gain weight or loose weight or stay the same.

Jim

I'm built like tommy lee of the crue or the lead singer of the black crowes.

I don't think the reason women love Tommy Lee is because he is skinny. :cool:

Up till last year I would have voted to stay the same. I packed on 20 pounds in one year (menopause)! I am now hell bent on losing it. I think I've dropped about 7 pounds by bicycling to work (1/2 hour each way) and hiking on weekends.

I'm not overweight, at 6ft and 170, but I'd like to convert about 5-10lbs of love handle to [-]love[/-] muscle... :D

Tommy Lee: WTF? Just shoot me...

I'm not sure if I need to lose [-]several[/-] a few pounds, or if I just need to grow [-]several[/-] a few inches taller. :rolleyes:

Did you say smoking hot musician? Saw one at the festival this weekend...William Walter from Charlottesville, VA---whew doggies!

Attachments

• IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 5
Uh oh...another pin-up thread perhaps? I'd rock and roll with Gene Simmons any time. O0.....:p

Hmmm, I'm over 6ft and I'm probably borderline underweight, I've been that way most (or all) of my life. I'm not sick/disabled, but I am pretty sure I have an abnormally active metabolism, I also get cold/hot a lot slower than normal.

Did you say smoking hot musician? Saw one at the festival this weekend...William Walter from Charlottesville, VA---whew doggies!

Great band (although I don't care about the pin-up aspect :p). I saw them last spring at Finnegan's Cove in Harrisonburg. Great musicians, a punky Dave Matthews sound. Since they are sort of local to me, hope to see them a lot before they get too famous and I can't see them in the small joints anymore.

HFWR

What about the black crowes guy? Is he any better??

Sarah

I thought that was John Fogerty at first.

Plex

I thought I was the only one!

There is only one girl that doesn't think she is overweight so far. Makes me wonder if girls are WAY harder on themsleves when it comes to weight.

Jim

I'm 5'9" and weight stays (with some effort now) between 145 - 150. At one point I blimped up to 175 but was too cheap to buy all new clothes so just cut back on eating high fat stuff and more salads.

I guess it's because of a higher metabolic rate. In high school friends accused me of having a tapeworm because I ate so much but stayed at 135 lbs.

HFWR

There is only one girl that doesn't think she is overweight so far. Makes me wonder if girls are WAY harder on themsleves when it comes to weight.

Jim

Before taking the poll I predicted that men would be split between overweight and just right, and virtually every woman would want to be thinner.

The humorous thing is if the woman in the forum were in their late teens or early 20s the result would be even more skewed (although the average weight would lower).
I guess the conclusion is that the justice system is too easy on woman, and the body size system is too hard!

It maybe true that you can never be too rich but too thin naw.

HFWR

What about the black crowes guy? Is he any better??

The whole badboy rocker thing was never my bag, even as a younger man. Never cared for glam rock or metal, either. I do like much of the Black Crowes music.

I thought that was John Fogerty at first.

Also looks a bit like Loudin Wainwright III.

I need to drop 20, my wife needs to gain 10 (my stated goal and her stated goal respectively)

At that point, we'll both be in the 100's, but still really far apart.

Before taking the poll I predicted that men would be split between overweight and just right, and virtually every woman would want to be thinner.

The humorous thing is if the woman in the forum were in their late teens or early 20s the result would be even more skewed (although the average weight would lower).
I guess the conclusion is that the justice system is too easy on woman, and the body size system is too hard!

It maybe true that you can never be too rich but too thin naw.

Sure, but don't assume sizing is the reason all of us petite flowers want to lose weight. Personally, when I lose 8 lbs. of useless fat, I will be able to run faster, jump higher and kick *ss a whole lot better. haha.

I've lost 85 pounds since I retired. I don't need to lose more so much as I need to move it around (add a bit of muscle).

Voted stay the same. Couldn't care less about weight, all I care about is being strong and being able to bike forever. Would like to tone a few spots (okay this is actually down to just one spot now, the rest I cleaned up) but that has nothing to do with weight...

My son-in-law (6'3") is like this and has a tee-shirt that says "Girls dig tall, thin pale guys"

6 foot - 180 and second year off the cig.'s. (was 165, 1 pack a day).

I have this adorable pot belly! Poster old phart for the 'before' part of the flat ab sales pitches on the cable channels.

heh heh heh - :cool:

I'm 6'6" and 155lbs. I guess that would qualify as underweight. However, i'd take underweight over overweight any time.

I'm 6'6" and 155lbs. I guess that would qualify as underweight. However, i'd take underweight over overweight any time.

Underweight naw more like on the border between skinny and starving.

Anyway I've got 20 lbs you can have, no charge (heck I'll even throw in a couple of pounds of muscle). it would do us both good me more than you probably.

Back
Top Bottom