This is my 5%, male harmones portfolio as unclemick puts it - This is in a Roth IRA and the buy & sells have no tax consequences, but cost $9 at Ameritrade. I have decided to post it so that in a year or so I can come to terms with my incompetence and move this also into Index funds :-)
All the trades were made in the last couple of months (Sept & Oct)
1. Sold BRK.B @ $4000 and put in limit orders to buy in a taxable account. The limit orders haven't gone through yet.
This was a position built periodically over the last 3+ years and that was close to the only stock trading I have done over that period. Cost basis - $3200; Today's price - $4250
2. Bought WMT (Walmart) @ $44; Today's price - $43.79
3. Bought KRE (Regional Banks) @ $44; Today's price - $40.62
4. Bought PFE (Pfizer) @ $24; Today's price - $23.93
5. Limit order to buy JNJ (Johnson & Johnson) @ $62.50; Today's price - $64.31
As of today I am well on the road to achieving my goal of losing money
But I am planning on being patient and hopefully what I have learnt about evaluating companies comes through. Documenting stuff here so that I can read it in the future and learn from it (ie get humilated). We will see what happens - anyone else wants to share similar experiences?