Anybody ready for another Brexit ?

I'm up since the Brexit market gyration, WTF just happened ?
Weird, isn't it? I just did my month end update and it's the highest it's ever been... Brexit shmebrexit.

Can I get a Brexit and eggs with a side of hashbrowns?

Maybe if the whole EU dissolves we'll get twice as rich?

You guys think it's over? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

+1

There will be more market gyrations, no doubt, as the relationships among EU nations (present and "former", assuming Brexit goes forward) get sorted out. So far, the US seems to be considered a relative haven, even considering our own issues, which have faded from the headlines a bit for now. That can change, but so far our downturns due to turmoil in Europe are short-lived and followed by an upswing due to that "haven" perception I am optimistic this reaction scenario will continue, until Europe realizes they will survive this, and find ways to relate to each other as they have before, The EU is only 25 yrs old after all.........civilization in Europe is a tad older than that

Yes please!

A timely buy during the Brexit one day sale has netted me over $3000.

They should do this every year!

+1 .... I'm slightly higher 0.1%. Some of that is a gain on some international I bought last Friday... up about 3.5%. Still a long ways to go but no big deal so far.

Is this what the experts meant by a "complete and total financial disaster"?

Can we do it again next week?

I hesitated pulling trigger on some of the profitable short hedge. I blinked my eyes, and missed that opportunity.

Waiting for the next chance.

I don't suppose for a moment that Carney's musings about a possible stimulus might be a small factor? ;)

I'm certainly no UK expert but use the BBC for international news, mainly because that's where DD and her family lived for ~10 years until moving back here last year. For the absolute political hurricane currently going on there I find it amazing that the FTSE is way above pre vote. Maybe somebody over there thinks they can change their mind? Right. Meanwhile it looks like the EU can't wait to stick it to them; no free trading without free movement. And the latter was a main driver. I just find the whole story sad; sad for UK and EU. It's like that horrible train wreck you can't look away from. I can see no way that things are going to end up just fine for everyone over there; the consequences can't be good for us either.

Is There Anything More Schizophrenic Than The Stock Market ?
Last week Armageddon
This week Nothing but blue skies

As others have mentioned, my portfolio is higher than before Brexit, & by a substantial amount.

Some of my 'defensive' positions like AWK & O are acting kind of like internet stocks in 1999 & early 2000.

Happy of course, but also wondering if there's a bubble forming ?

There are so many possible scenarios, that I think it is near-impossible for the markets to factor the outcome into current pricings. Therefore, they are acting as if it is business as usual.

The majority of politicians in Westminster, as well as most major business interests, are not in favor of Brexit. For this reason, I think it's quite likely that a solution will be found that has minimal impact on business. It's also possible that they may find a way to subvert "the will of the people" and not exit the EU at all. Whatever happens, it will not happen anytime soon so, in the meantime, we party on :dance:

I'm worn out from just about all the doom, gloom, exhilaration, etc. I now know what it means when a kid says "whatever".

Whatever.

The markets are acting as if the policy is for the Central Banks to coordinate and buy up all the outstanding bonds which is going to reignite inflation and in such a scenario precious metals and stocks and bonds all will be good investments, at least for a while. 30 year treasury hit an all time low today, silver is up 20% on the week and stocks, especially dividend yielding stocks are soaring. There is more going on right now than has been going on in the markets for 2 years, so this will be interesting to watch in the coming weeks

The markets are acting as if the policy is for the Central Banks to coordinate and buy up all the outstanding bonds which is going to reignite inflation and in such a scenario precious metals and stocks and bonds all will be good investments, at least for a while. 30 year treasury hit an all time low today, silver is up 20% on the week and stocks, especially dividend yielding stocks are soaring. There is more going on right now than has been going on in the markets for 2 years, so this will be interesting to watch in the coming weeks

:D

The S&P is still off -1.11% from its 2126 high nearly a year ago July 17th 2015. Technically we've been sitting at the same slot machine on the same $20 bill for the past year. Unless of course you shorted and DCA'd back in on the dips...

If I look back and exclude my contributions I'm up a whole $335 from last year's highs...like a gerbil running on a hamster wheel.

Last edited:
:D

The S&P is still off -1.11% from its 2126 high nearly a year ago July 17th 2015. Technically we've been sitting at the same slot machine on the same $20 bill for the past year. Unless of course you shorted and DCA'd back in on the dips...

If I look back and exclude my contributions I'm up a whole $335 from last year's highs...like a gerbil running on a hamster wheel.

My stock portfolio, which are all individual dividend paying stocks is up 18.2% for the last year. A lot of fortuitous timing and selections to be sure, but the action this week is quite different from all the market action that has occurred previously. Some dividend stocks are going vertical in a climb, June was the best month of the last 12 for my portfolio and I am wondering if that is actually a good sign. After prancing in place for two years perhaps it seems to me that the coiled market is getting ready to unleash a large move, hopefully it’s up and not down but I really get the feeling something big is in the offing.

30 year treasury rates hit an all time low, which would indicate that 30 year treasuries hit an all time high. Just to be clear.

First time ever I bought (monday) and stocks went up! Wish I'd committed more...

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom