Are Big Oil dividends safe with lower priced oil?

I seriously looked at buying some puts on Exxon today but just wasn't sure if oil would trend lower. I didn't want to go too far out and pay a lot for the puts so ended up doing nothing.

Probably best, but I would not be at all surprised to see Exxon in the $60s if oil goes to $40.

I seriously looked at buying some puts on Exxon today but just wasn't sure if oil would trend lower. I didn't want to go too far out and pay a lot for the puts so ended up doing nothing.

Probably best, but I would not be at all surprised to see Exxon in the $60s if oil goes to $40.

I know it's a "crude" comparison, but I looked at some various oil companies stock prices back in 2006 when oil averaged $58 a barrel and Exxon was in the $60s then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All this talk about Exxon makes me wonder if Warren Buffet still has the 40+ million shares he bought late last year? (Now that's a chunk of stock) Has he bought more, held or sold?

I think I could live on the quarterly dividend payments from that :).

Last edited:
I own CVX, XOM, and RDS. I also own a few energy-related MLPs -MMP, EDP, APU, and SEP. I have no plan to sell for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom