Are you changing or tinkering with your strategy in 2016?

Ed, you are a very thoughtful husband. I figure DW would have to sell our house and that would net a bundle. She would be well taken care of, but I have not done the tax situation. Roth's have favorable inheritance treatment as I recall.

I've made notes for her that reside in the safe deposit box. We've discussed this a bit but I'm sure she would be challenged with the financial stuff. Whenever I've discussed her logging into our accounts and doing some looking around, she firmly resolves to do it but then drops the ball. Some people just have other priorities in life. Vanguard could help her out so there is a nice institution to lean on.

As I mentioned to someone today, I'm shooting for infinity as my final age.

Thanks, Lsbcal, I do my best.

I, too, hope we live long and prosper. We both have great genes, but as they say, Man plans, God laughs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I would be curious to hear what both the pre-FIREs and post FIREs are planning to do different in 2016, if anything, and how you reconcile the 2 logical sides of your brain as you analyze the markets going forward?
I suppose you are talking about a tactical adjustment of some kind. For the past two years we've dialed down equities about one percent each year. Will, probably do that later this evening by moving a small equity slice into a guaranteed income fund.

Back
Top Bottom