Banks and Tech Giants Adopting Blockchain Technology

It will be interesting to see if Patrick Byrne's new company will be able to use blockchain to "disrupt" Wall Street". At $250-$300 million, it is set to be the biggest ICO ever approved by the SEC. It is his belief that all listed stocks will eventually trade as ICO's (hopefully, on his exchange)and eliminate "naked" short selling and the other "ills" of Wall Street.

I also admire his work with the Peruvian Economist "De Soto" to use blockchain (perhaps Etherium)to create property rights for the 5 billion people in the world who do not have proper title to their land. The ability to sell their property will help them to possibly get out of poverty.

My Wife's family has property that is valued at over $40 Million up in Northern Peru which was seized by the Military many years ago to build a base and eventually the better part of the city of Piura. The Family has been in court for the last 20-30 years to recoup their loss. It appears the gov't will pay the claim in the near future, but there are families all over the world that will not have the same result .

I took a Princeton online course, Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies, about a year ago. It was interesting and I even downloaded a bitcoin wallet but, alas, I didn't buy any bitcoins. Blockchain technology is poised to expand in numerous areas but, as always, picking winners is a crapshoot. I don't have a clue about what Vanguard does to maintain it's Total Stock Market Index that could be handled using a blockchain.

Back
Top Bottom