Blackstone Stock Movement

Born2Fish

Full time employment: Posting here.
I have initiated a new position in BX since the mid-September pullback. I added shares slowly as the price fell. My cost basis is now at market value.

I slowed my buy rate after it "bottomed" around $110.

It seems that the trade volume has declined on the slow up move since the bottom. I'd like to add another 100 shares but am concerned with the low trade volumes.

After a good-sized drop I would have expected a stronger uptrend.

Thoughts?

(I realize that I am a dirty market timer, apologies in advance).

Just flipped BX for a quick profit.

Will buy again if it makes a good dip.

I bought BX in 2016 at $27 at the suggestion of a hotel bartender. I owe that guy a drink!

Blackstone

BX was an LP back in '16 and its K-1 was massive. I believe it moved out of the partnership 'arena' in early '20. Bot in at that time but got out this summer.

BX was an LP back in '16 and its K-1 was massive. I believe it moved out of the partnership 'arena' in early '20. Bot in at that time but got out this summer.

My bartender friend had owned and made money trading BX for several years. Then BX bought his hotel and he saw them up close. He was impressed. They fixed issues that had been around for many years.

I bought Carlyle Group in early 2020 and it has done very well too. I've watched them for about 20 years. A former boss had worked with Bill Conway years before he spoke highly of him.

I have initiated a new position in BX since the mid-September pullback. I added shares slowly as the price fell. My cost basis is now at market value.

I slowed my buy rate after it "bottomed" around $110.

It seems that the trade volume has declined on the slow up move since the bottom. I'd like to add another 100 shares but am concerned with the low trade volumes.

After a good-sized drop I would have expected a stronger uptrend.

Thoughts?

(I realize that I am a dirty market timer, apologies in advance).

@Born2Fish what does your in-depth stock analysis tell you? The analysis you did prior to taking a position? What are the near and mid-term prospects for the company in terms of revenue, cash flow and earnings growth?

@Born2Fish what does your in-depth stock analysis tell you? The analysis you did prior to taking a position? What are the near and mid-term prospects for the company in terms of revenue, cash flow and earnings growth?

I only hold long stock positions in S&P500, Small Cap, and Mid-cap etfs.

I bought BX to flip for short term profit after the stock price fell 20% during the recent pullback.

I only hold long stock positions in S&P500, Small Cap, and Mid-cap etfs.

I bought BX to flip for short term profit after the stock price fell 20% during the recent pullback.

Got it. You entered a trade and it didn't work. Why did you enter the trade? Making a profit is assumed. What are the list of reasons you entered the trade? What were your criteria for exiting the trade?

I don't think you did your due diligence well enough. What do you think?

Got it. You entered a trade and it didn't work. Why did you enter the trade? Making a profit is assumed. What are the list of reasons you entered the trade? What were your criteria for exiting the trade?

I don't think you did your due diligence well enough. What do you think?

I think you have a vivid imagination...:):)

I bought BX in 2016 when it was around $25/share and held it until Jan, 2020 when it reached $62/share. I was aware of the ongoing Covid situation in China and believed the US market would be adversely impacted.

I bought it on the Covid fall when it dipped to $40/share and sold it when it reached $60 again. It was obviously worth more to the market than my value but I sold when I had enough.

I have kept BX in my watch list and decided to buy a few shares after it fell sharply from ~135 down to 120. It dropped further to ~110 and I bought a lot more shares. Sold it at 116. I never intended to hold BX more than 1 or 2 days but it took me nearly 2 weeks to get on the profit side of the trade.

In the past 18 months I have flipped AAPL, NCLH, TSLA, OXY & APA (oil stock flips have been very profitable), SGMO, to name a few.

Oil has gotten out of my price range and I am no longer interested in TSLA stock.

I use Yahoo finance, TDA and Fidelity. I have a few close friends and family that make a lot of profit on short term trades. We share information.

Sell October covered calls on Monday at October 22 125 strike price for $1.25ish...if they go away you have made $3.25 on your investment. If the stock does not get above 125, readjust, rinse and repeat the following week.

I think you have a vivid imagination...:):)

I bought BX in 2016 when it was around $25/share and held it until Jan, 2020 when it reached $62/share. I was aware of the ongoing Covid situation in China and believed the US market would be adversely impacted.

I bought it on the Covid fall when it dipped to $40/share and sold it when it reached $60 again. It was obviously worth more to the market than my value but I sold when I had enough.

I have kept BX in my watch list and decided to buy a few shares after it fell sharply from ~135 down to 120. It dropped further to ~110 and I bought a lot more shares. Sold it at 116. I never intended to hold BX more than 1 or 2 days but it took me nearly 2 weeks to get on the profit side of the trade.

In the past 18 months I have flipped AAPL, NCLH, TSLA, OXY & APA (oil stock flips have been very profitable), SGMO, to name a few.

Oil has gotten out of my price range and I am no longer interested in TSLA stock.

I use Yahoo finance, TDA and Fidelity. I have a few close friends and family that make a lot of profit on short term trades. We share information.

Not imagination. The comments come off to me as someone who hasn't done the homework on the trade. What does your homework tell you is going on with BX?

Back
Top Bottom