Join Early Retirement Today

Blooom
Old 06-15-2021, 04:12 PM   #1
Dryer sheet aficionado

Blooom

I have been using Blooom with my 401k and IRA. The robo investments have been good and it’s very affordable. Anyone else give them a try?
LimaPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2021, 04:47 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

I tell my kids that robo investing is the way I would go if I was in their shoes. I'm curious how different their recommendations are than a typical 60/40 diversified portfolio is. Do they take a position on things like inflation or how expensive the market is?
qwerty3656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:18 PM   #3
Dryer sheet aficionado

My understanding is they take inflation, time to retirement, risk tolerance into consideration, they also work within the set constraints of a 401k in terms of funds to pick. Their picks do change as you age and get closer to the need date.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:10 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

What is "very affordable"? -ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:51 PM   #5
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
What is "very affordable"? -ERD50
$10/month per account.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:27 PM   #6
gone traveling

@LimaPop what portfolio return has the Bloom service delivered YTD?
chassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:42 PM   #7
Dryer sheet aficionado

22% (annualized) so far, I’m retired so in more conservative mix
Old 09-14-2021, 04:55 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

I had registered with blooom but never sign up for a plan. I got an email yesterday offering me a free year of service for teachers, presumably because the only account I have registered there is a 403b from TIAA.

It wasn't showing the free price when I went to sign up using the link they sent me, but when I got to the payment page, it does show it being free for all three plans, even the $250/yr that includes multiple retirement accounts. Enter the code TEACH on the payment page if you do not enter with the special link (which I have been able to figure out without including my personalized link, so I cannot share it here).

You need to give them a credit card to be billed in 2022, although Google Pay is an option, and presumably I can remove the authorization before then, or cancel the renewal. Also not clear it will work if you do not have a 403b registered.

Here's what they sent:

It’s Teacher Appreciation Day.
ALL YEAR LONG.

Are you a teacher or know one? Don’t be mistaken, we see you out there hustling during the pandemic! While you’re buying school supplies and coordinating virtual (or masked) activities, let us navigate your retirement. Sign up your 403b account today using the code TEACH and receive for one free year of blooom to get on track for retirement.

use promo code
TEACH
for one free year
MisterBill is offline   Reply With Quote