DIS or AAPL ?

nnkrealtor

Recycles dryer sheets
I currently own neither of these stocks.
I have $2000 to deploy. Would you buy one over the other of these or split them 50/50 ?
This would be in my brokerage account.

Thanks

I wouldn't buy DIS yet. I sold my pretty hefty (for me) allotment at $119. Last I looked it was $85. I don't think anybody will be racing to the theme parks even if they reopen. All the movie filming has been stopped. No Disney On Ice, etc. No cruises. I guess if you think this is already baked in, then it's a good buy.

With only $2k to invest, I'd buy SPY, not an individual stock.

I thought about that and maybe the same with AAPL. With so many people out of work how many new $1000 phones will they be selling. I think both companies subscription services will keep them afloat.

We're in extreme transformation mode now, and I think you have the right idea. This transformation is gonna stick, and re-confirm companies like those you've mentioned. But I'd rather have a larger basket (ETF?) if it exists.

I have DIS by virtue of the FOX deal. No plans to sell DIS.

I wouldn't buy DIS yet. I sold my pretty hefty (for me) allotment at $119. Last I looked it was $85. I don't think anybody will be racing to the theme parks even if they reopen. All the movie filming has been stopped. No Disney On Ice, etc. No cruises. I guess if you think this is already baked in, then it's a good buy.
Yes, but how big a percentage of their annual revenue is from theme parks, and how much from media licensing and sales? (I don't know, I'm curious myself. My mother gifted my daughter a few shares many years ago, and they certainly are still worth more than when she bought them, at least.)

Back
Top Bottom