Don't invest in horses

Many creative ideas!

But I would think that having one EV and charging it from the grid will be cheaper than needing two EVs and only charge on slow solar.
Combine solar, grid and a local battery then you can get the best of both worlds.

The challenge for all EV makers is that there is a shortage of batteries. So using batteries for swap stations means that you must make fewer cars.

Yeah, easy access just unclip and pull out. Should be great in a collision.

Not everyone can afford 1 car let alone 2 cars. Not everyone can afford solar.

And not everyone can afford the big third battery charging under the roof while both cars are off at work all day.

But 400 sq-ft over the driveway is possible almost anywhere.

Heh, heh, not at my condo. It's been a while but when I briefly researched the issue of folks who don't have their own garage/car port for charging, I recall finding significantly more than 1/3 of folks do not.

I do like the idea of direct solar charging of EVs. THAT would very likely make them worth the extra cost. Not only would they actually pay for themselves in fuel savings (eventually) but they would actually cut use of FFs. Win:Win

Tesla is facing fierce competition from other EV makers.

Below is a chart comparing Tesla production to that of BYD, and just in the EV category as BYD also makes hybrid cars.

And that's just BYD. I would like to find a chart showing EV production from all makers.

wTESLAvsBLDbve101822.jpg

^^^^^^^^^

So I guess that's why Tesla raised their prices!:facepalm::LOL:

^^^^^^^^^

Tesla usually raise their prices to stop the waiting lists from becoming too long. To wait a year before you get your new car is tiresome.

^^^^^^^^^

No, not in China. Tesla dropped the price of the Model X in China by 9% last month.

BYD is not exporting EV cars to the US yet because of the high tariff.

However, BYD has been making electric semis in Lancaster, California. It has delivered more than 100 semi trucks to US customers.

byd-electric-semi-truck-scaled.jpg

Below is a chart comparing Tesla production to that of BYD, and just in the EV category as BYD also makes hybrid cars.

And that's just BYD. I would like to find a chart showing EV production from all makers.

wTESLAvsBLDbve101822.jpg

Here is one source:

https://www.ev-volumes.com/

Edit: Pasted in the wrong link.

As an investor I look at profit margins in addition to pure sales numbers. And IMHO Tesla vs the rest looks a lot like Apple vs the rest regarding mobile phone profits.

Last edited:

I would love for that to be true. But they are almost all fumbling around and making mediocre products.

Volkswagen was for a long time the most promising of the traditional western companies. But then the board kicked out their visionary leader Herbert Diess. And a few months later:

https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/vo...y-ev-plant-gets-delayed-and-possibly-shelved/

Bad news for the environment and for us drivers looking for diversity when buying our next cars.

However, BYD has been making electric semis in Lancaster, California. It has delivered more than 100 semi trucks to US customers.

And here in Norway they have sold many electric buses.

For transport companies it boils down to cost per mile. And having an EV myself I know that electric trucks and buses will win many customers with this metric.

It will be exiting to see the new Tesla Semi when the first trucks are delivered to Pepsi on December the 1st.

Tesla usually raise their prices to stop the waiting lists from becoming too long. To wait a year before you get your new car is tiresome.

They're just getting their customers used to waiting to "fill up" at the chargers!:facepalm::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom