Dow 30k by June.

This is more of a timing statement so the thread was relocated to a more appropriate forum.

"Some investors fear that the Dow could plummet to 4,000 or 5,000. And surely that would be bad. However, there is actually a worse possibility to consider, which is the Dow going to say 36,000 instead. Now, Dow 36,000 may sound like a 'problem' that most investors would love to have! So what's the danger?"

http://the-great-retirement-experiment.com/

"Some investors fear that the Dow could plummet to 4,000 or 5,000. And surely that would be bad. However, there is actually a worse possibility to consider, which is the Dow going to say 36,000 instead. Now, Dow 36,000 may sound like a 'problem' that most investors would love to have! So what's the danger?"

Daniel Amerman

Quite the "eye-opener, eye-opener, eye-opener, eye-opener!"
:rolleyes:

Dow going to 30K? Fine, I will be selling some.

Dow going to 4K? OK with me too. I will be buying.

"some investors fear that the dow could plummet to 4,000 or 5,000. And surely that would be bad. However, there is actually a worse possibility to consider, which is the dow going to say 36,000 instead. Now, dow 36,000 may sound like a 'problem' that most investors would love to have! So what's the danger?"

daniel amerman
tl; dr - however the info further down on social security was interesting lead.

Last edited:
I expect that it will get there, but no 'due by' date.

Dow going to 30K? Fine, I will be selling some.

Dow going to 4K? OK with me too. I will be buying.
I’m with NW-Bound. If the Dow hits 30k, I’ll be selling a minimum of 20% of my equities and locking-in some of said gains.

Daniel Amerman

Wonder where Mr. Amerman is coming from...

"Dissatisfied with the conventional choices for investors, Mr. Amerman has spent a number of years in researching alternatives. Drawing upon his background outside the individual investor industry, he has developed an interrelated group of non-traditional solutions – including asset/liability management strategies – for such concerns as financial crisis, inflation, inflation taxes, low economic growth rates, and pervasive low yield markets."

... and one of his many many many products:
"Package includes 10 DVDs, 15 hours of video, 6 books and over 80 vital and timely topics
Buy the Complete Video Course as a set and save $500
compared to purchasing the books and DVDs individually."

Can't wait to get some of them... :LOL:

Decided to take a peek at how the Dow is doing today.

Closed at 23,533.20. Down 424.60 after down more than 700 yesterday.

So, maybe more fitting would be Dow at 20,000 by end of June?

Makes me ask now, what number to look for to officially say we are in a bear market? Just wondering ... :(.

It will hit 20k before 30k , sometime in the next 8 years. Bear in mind this is my first forecast EVER.

Could be closer to 15K in light of the last two day's performance and hopefully not a harbinger of things to come.

Decided to take a peek at how the Dow is doing today.

Closed at 23,533.20. Down 424.60 after down more than 700 yesterday.

So, maybe more fitting would be Dow at 20,000 by end of June?

Makes me ask now, what number to look for to officially say we are in a bear market? Just wondering ... :(.

Approx 2298 on the S&P is where the bear lives

Back
Top Bottom