Exxon Mobil hits 3% yield

I heard it was because the President said atomic and natural gas was our way away from oil. First time he has endorsed natural gas.

I heard it was because the President said atomic and natural gas was our way away from oil. First time he has endorsed natural gas.

If the GULF drilling provides something like 40% of our oil ( I think that was what I read, and probably repeated here), it would be many years before NG or anything else can replace that oil. I'll say it again, conservation of energy can happen far quicker, easier than alternate energy.

I see I am in the 'stock picking' forum, so I'll share:

Put a bit less than 2% of my NW into BP today. I figured the price must (hah!) be beat down far enough by now. Looks like current divs are ~ 8%. I got in @$37.83, sold JUNE $40SP calls against it at $1.35. If I get called out on JUNE18th, that's 9.3% in a few weeks. If not, that's 3/6% in a few weeks for the option premium, and I'll try to sell CCs again and try to collect the divs and just wait and see. Haven't bought an individual stock in quite a while.

There, I jinxed it. - ERD50

Back
Top Bottom