Fidelity "core" choices?

Spock

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm fiddling with setting the "core"/default investments on several Fidelity accounts. Some currently default to a FDIC bank account paying about 0.25%. I have set one (HSA account thats gotta stay liquid) to use SPAXX.

Other than the HSA, most accounts will have <1K in them, various left overs from buying CDs in increments of 1K but occasionally more when waiting for a batch of CDs to accumulate.

Any suggestions for choosing a core holding at Fidelity?

Or even finding a list of what funds are eligible to be a core holding?
Whats your favorite (small minimum investment) holding tank?

Most of our core positions are FZFXX (Fidelity Treasury Money Market Fund), which currently yields 1.89%... same as SPAXX (Fidelity Government Money Market), which is my only other choice. The only non-trivial amount of cash we have at Fidelity is in our cash management account, which we use like a checking account. So, while it's not quite as high as their MMFs or online savings, it is nice to have a high-yielding option for our "checking" account.

You can view your core choices and make changes on the "Positions" tab of any account. Click your current core and then there's a big green button called "Change Core Position." For some reason, some accounts cannot be changed, or ask that you call. For example, my HSA has just a couple dollars cash, but the core is the FDIC-insured deposit sweep that pays near nothing. When I click to change the core, I get this:

Note: There Are No Other Core Options for This Account
There are no other core options available for your account. Additional options might be available by calling a Fidelity representative at 800-544-6666.

FDRXX - Fidelity Government Cash Reserves is another choice. Current yield is 1.94%.

Back
Top Bottom