Forget Balancing - sold all my 401k equities funds and put it in the safe short term

Take it from someone who has learned from experience. You might be right this time or you might be wrong but what is certain is that your plan, going forward will sentence you to a life of anxiety. You will be in constant turmoil in every down market as to when you should get back in and in every up market whether you should sell. It is no way to live. Pick a strategy based on some percentages or just buy and hold but don't rely on your emotions or you will be wrecked emotionally in the long run.

Naah ... My sale was the 2nd time in 30 years that I cashed out. This time like 40% last time 100% (I saved my very modest fortune) I hardly am in ‘constant turmoil’. Trust me when I get home Ill read some Lee Child - Jack Reacher and I escape all the daily stress. I don’t check the market -been so busy, I adopted Warren Buffets approach log ago. When the pile was sufficient I monitored less and less. Buy a good stock at a good price and hold it forever.. so 15 years works out to be my forever.

Still have that bad feeling about this market... cant shake it.

Back
Top Bottom