Future of Economy and Inflation

My dad loves the gyros at Arbys. I took him to a good Greek restaurant for a real gyro. He didn't like it. At 90, he likes what he likes.

I got shakes several times last year, both the jamocha and chocolate, and really liked them. I've only gotten one this year, the jamocha, and it had very little flavor - was disappointed. Hopefully, it was the exception, and I'll try again one of these days. Actually I did, but they said the ice cream machine was down. :LOL:

Ah, yes. Jamocha is my and DW's favorite. Once in a while it seems they "short" the jamocha flavoring or perhaps it doesn't get properly stirred. But, when it's good, it's very, very good. YMMV

OK, enough on the burgers, how about the Taco Hell's taco pizza ? In our area they were removed from the menu a while back and we found back on the menu in May. Now the 3 close to us are sold out of them again. I wonder if they are going to be a seasonal thing like McRib or will be pulled again.

Hah, just happened upon my old post, so might as well give an update.

My daughter and son-in-law wanted to visit us on Father's Day. Asked what we liked to eat. Told her about the Arby's Wagyu Burger deal, and that would make a simple nice meal. They picked up the burgers on the way to our place for a Sunday lunch.

The burgers were bad. The beef patties were thin, and overcooked. Our concensus was that without being told it was Wagyu, nobody would know it from an ordinary burger, and a poorly prepared one at that. Good thing she only paid $6.xx for one.

It was likely that the local Arby's messed up the burgers.

We still had a nice lunch together, and that was most important.

My experience with the Wagyu burger was similar. It was overcooked, and I can't say I was surprised by that. To me, putting high-quality beef on a fast-food assembly line is a flawed concept.

Ah, yes. Jamocha is my and DW's favorite. Once in a while it seems they "short" the jamocha flavoring or perhaps it doesn't get properly stirred. But, when it's good, it's very, very good. YMMV

Finally made it out to Arby's today. They had the sign up for the happy hour snack size shake for $1.00, which I hadn't gotten for a few months.

So I ordered a chocolate. But at the window, they said the price had gone up to $1.49! So, that's 49% inflation. Tax on top of that made it over $1.60. On the plus side, it had plenty of chocolate flavoring. But, I'll buy them even less now with the big price hike.

Back
Top Bottom