Greenspan warns of another "Taper Tantrum"

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
From a recent speech “Just remember we had the taper tantrum. And we are going to get another one,”

Excellent, I've been waiting for stocks to go on sale. :) Need to update my shopping list. Going to load up on boring dividend stuff.

Last edited:
Let's see if his "timing" is more accurate this time.

In 1996, his made the famous "irrational exuberance" warning. It took another 4 years before the crash.

Let's see if his "timing" is more accurate this time.

In 1996, his made the famous "irrational exuberance" warning. It took another 4 years before the crash.

He totally missed the shenanigans in asset-backed securities that caused the 2008 credit crisis.

I'm starting another 4 year countdown. Maybe. ;)

Last edited:
"irrational exuberance" sure created a good , but brief buying opportunity while the bull was charging. IIRC, Much of Wall Street went bonkers :LOL:

On the 2008 meltdown, I think a lot of insiders * knew quite well it would happen eventually, and kept their mouths shut , as good soldiers for their firms, as the taxpayers would bear much of the cost.

* Pandit , Mozillo, to name some , like Angelo Mozillo of Countrywide privately opining: "Never before seen such a toxic financial product"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom