abbvie

Dryer sheet wannabe
Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI)

-DJI Watchlist

down_r.gif
481.14(2.83%) 3:38PM EDT
:(

DJ down 481 points is so 20-min old.

DJ just closed down 530 points for the day. Party on!

A 500 point drop ain't what it used to be... :)

Cannot wait for the social gathering talk this weekend from folks who panicked in 2008-2009 and got completely out of the market: "See, I told you so!!"

This is just noise. Hedge fund managers have had a bad run of it this year and need some juicy returns for this quarter which equals a market takedown and buying opportunity for them.

Dunno about Dow 5000.

But when there are still posters gung ho about buying, I am holding back. I already have plenty of equities, it's not like I am 100% in cash now.

Got to conserve my firing power to defend against that final assault of the bear. Heh heh heh...

Last edited:
Nobody can predict the Market. However if last two days are indication of the economy sliding into recession, the Feds do not have any tool to deal with it other than keep printing. Then may be Peter Schiff is right stating whether dollar bottom will fall of or Stock Market bottom will fall off. As of now I am reluctant to reduce my equities holding.

my long term time horizon just got longer, dang it!

Maybe gold will finally take off. I am down to one little mining stock with a all in cost of $900 per ounce. I would love to see $1400 gold again,.

Still not worried...I do have dry powder to throw at the (semi) correction. But gonna hold on - we may see 14,000 before we see 18,000 DOW again. I am almost always wrong with my predictions and therefore move much slower now when it comes to committing $.

I'm more edumacated :)

Maybe gold will finally take off. I am down to one little mining stock with a all in cost of $900 per ounce. I would love to see $1400 gold again,.

me too - heck I'd love to see $2K gold actually

Nobody can predict the Market. However if last two days are indication of the economy sliding into recession, the Feds do not have any tool to deal with it other than keep printing.

Yep, and I would not be surprised to see that happen (QE3??), if this continues for a while. The thing is, though, QE1 and QE2 did virtually nothing to boost the general economy, they merely kept the markets afloat for several years after the big recession of 08. At some point, the tricks no longer work, and economic fundamentals determine which way the market is headed.

What a blue light special! It if continues on Monday at this rate, I think the last few months' market declines will pay for the move to my dream house this summer, and all associated expenses.

So, I'm not supposed to act happy about that, right?..... :D Wh - - - Wh - - Oh gosh, I can't hold it in!

:dance: :dance:

So, I'm just getting in, was offline all day. Did something happen?

Zip lines go down. Then they go up again. So, yes, hang on!

For all those who know when the bottom is reached, that's a good time to convert an equity-laden tIRA to Roth.

Zip lines go down. Then they go up again. So, yes, hang on!

Well, sometimes they fail, you slice open your leg and fall into muddy water, go to the hospital and get a flesh eating virus, then wake up with just a torso.

But I prefer your upbeat "hang in there" attitude. :)

Just whistling past the graveyard here and hoping it's not too long of a trip.

I think the bigger item that is about to happen is long term treasury bonds getting hammered. There are just too many countries that are going to be needing funds and instead of treasury bonds being a source of safety they may be a source of funds to shore up local economies.

Stocks could get hammered too, it would be different from 2007-2009 in that bonds from here have great potential for major declines meaning if the same type of fall occurred portfolio damage might be quite a bit larger.

Went on a minor buying spree this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom