Horrendous customer service at Vanguard

VINEX is my choice IF it beats a few other asset types. Not a buy/hold. Moving between US and international has proven successful in the past. I allocate a conditional 40% to international/US. In recent years the US has nicely outperformed international so fixed international holdings have been a disappointment (in the past).

No guarantees such trends will continue. But that is investing for you. :facepalm:

Still not following ... VINEX is really important - enough to allow Vanguard to have "service that sucks?"

Still not following ... VINEX is really important - enough to allow Vanguard to have "service that sucks?"

Look, I am telling you just my approach. I do not really need much or any service. I am not trying to change your mind. Open minded people can have differences of opinion and different emphasis on points.

Look, I am telling you just my approach. I do not really need much or any service. I am not trying to change your mind. Open minded people can have differences of opinion and different emphasis on points.

No they can't.

Vanguard handled everything very smoothly when my Mom passed away in summer 2016. It was the dedicated "transitions" team. But that transition was fairly straightforward.

I haven't called them lately. I can do everything I want via the website. So I'm probably in the "call once per year" or less camp.

The graphic earlier showing a bunch of checkmarks and X's is out of date in one respect. Vanguard does support fractional shares, at least for a number of their mutual funds and stocks that our family happens to hold.

My Dad's passing will be far more complicated. I'm hoping Vanguard will handle it well but based on these sorts of threads I have my concerns.

I agree that life insurance companies give plenty of options for them to hold on to your money. Reminds me of how difficult it is to place an Amazon order and not also order Prime.

+1. We had a good experience a couple years ago when DM needed the help of the Vanguard Transitions Team.

I'm spending more time on the VG website, figuring out the format, and how to find specific information. I like the design now. I didn't at first but they configured some parts, specifically the bond purchases (tIRA), and YTM info. Made it easier to understand where we're at and how to manage in the future.

The taxable stock index side is easier too. It takes time to click around and find what you need.

I'm spending more time on the VG website, figuring out the format, and how to find specific information. I like the design now. I didn't at first but they configured some parts, specifically the bond purchases (tIRA), and YTM info. Made it easier to understand where we're at and how to manage in the future.

The taxable stock index side is easier too. It takes time to click around and find what you need.

I wanted to compare 2 MM funds so I opened VUSXX in a tab and I clicked on the compare link but got a blank page 2 times. I had to put each MM fund in a tab and bounce back and forth. How do you compare 2 funds?

Works for me.

Maybe try clearing your cookies, updating your browser, updating your OS, power cycle, etc.
+1

I was third level support for a company that outsourced IT from a large number of fund companies. I'd expect the level one people to take care of these regularly occuring issues.

It's absolutely impossible to test every combination of how millions of PCs are configured. There's little differences between them that make coding for all challenging.

Works for me.

Maybe try clearing your cookies, updating your browser, updating your OS, power cycle, etc.

Cleared cache and still getting an empty screen using Chrome. I copy and pasted the URL into the Brave and Firefox browsers and it worked. Weird.

The graphic earlier showing a bunch of checkmarks and X's is out of date in one respect. Vanguard does support fractional shares, at least for a number of their mutual funds and stocks that our family happens to hold.
Well it was accurate up until 2021:facepalm: but since then fractional shares can only be purchased for VG ETF's, VG MF's and reinvested dividends from individual stocks. After a decade I left VG for multiple reasons in 2019 but lack of support for fractional shares wasn't one of them.

https://www.bankrate.com/investing/best-brokers-fractional-share-investing/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom