I have sinned. I sold

Uber Update

Just curious, why would you buy shares in a company that has never made a profit in the face of a impending recession? do you know something the street doesn't?

Intel at $25 that has earnings and pays a 4+% div. may be a better gamble.

In response to that, I had written that during that week, there were things in the news regarding Uber. I felt certain entitles were peddling a policy - that in reality they didn't want. I dont want to tickle anyone's sensitivities hence I dont specify it - but Uber investors would know - or see it with cursory google search. Te

Today it's official, said policy -- isn't gonna happen.

Added more at 29-ish during the "Silicon Valley" incident this week

Tempted to take profits - but I feel CEO is a grown up, has seasoning, upbringing and business sense. Also feel they are ahead of their competitors in some aspects and finally - I think their borrowing costs, are going to be lower than their competitors. This is totally out of my Coke-Pepsi-MCD-Utilities world. Of course, with an economic decline this can hurt --- but the reason I bought it - I feel has panned out now. So far, happy with the performance, but resisting the sell button.

In response to that, I had written that during that week, there were things in the news regarding Uber. I felt certain entitles were peddling a policy - that in reality they didn't want. I dont want to tickle anyone's sensitivities hence I dont specify it - but Uber investors would know - or see it with cursory google search. Te

Today it's official, said policy -- isn't gonna happen.

Added more at 29-ish during the "Silicon Valley" incident this week

Tempted to take profits - but I feel CEO is a grown up, has seasoning, upbringing and business sense. Also feel they are ahead of their competitors in some aspects and finally - I think their borrowing costs, are going to be lower than their competitors. This is totally out of my Coke-Pepsi-MCD-Utilities world. Of course, with an economic decline this can hurt --- but the reason I bought it - I feel has panned out now. So far, happy with the performance, but resisting the sell button.

You're playing "tennis" against Serena Williams!! I hope your backhand is
very good. There are lots of pros out there.

Best to you,

VW

Regards to Serena

Have a feeling my little 25% quickie gain isn't enough to impress Ms Williams though I could sure use a Sugar Mommy.

Anyway, sold half of Uber stake. Holding on to the other half.

Speculation part of portfolio.

Just wanted to circle back because someone had asked me my reasoning for buying so wanted to complete the thought.

Have a feeling my little 25% quickie gain isn't enough to impress Ms Williams though I could sure use a Sugar Mommy.

Anyway, sold half of Uber stake. Holding on to the other half.

Speculation part of portfolio.

Just wanted to circle back because someone had asked me my reasoning for buying so wanted to complete the thought.

Are these trades in a retirement account or subject to taxes?

If you don't mind sharing, what portion of your 70% is in individual stocks vs broad funds?

stocks

Are these trades in a retirement account or subject to taxes?

If you don't mind sharing, what portion of your 70% is in individual stocks vs broad funds?

I dont have - and never have had a 401K or IRA. So anything I do is taxable - unless offset by losses.

Last year, paid 0 Federal Income tax...got a few dollars back. Allocation greatly changed at the start of this thread, and certainly will continue to. For now:

56% cash (banks, cd, treasuries, mm)
22% rental homes.
20% stocks
(Stocks were 15% until the SVB fun happened. Bought a chunk of regional banks that day and week)
2% solid gold and silver.

In the stock portfolio......

40% is mutual fund/ETF
60% is individual stocks.

Back
Top Bottom