I own a lot of Apple... you probably do too

I bought and sold AAPL several times over the past 3 years. There were sveveral times that the stock would get dumped and I'd buy 100 shares and turn a $5k profit then sell.

When the share price got over $190 I just lost my nerve to buy back in. The recent rate of rise defies logic to me.

I did much better on BX. Have held BX for years but went heavy when the price fell below $30 during the Dec, 2018 drop. Sold most of it around $53. It's around $63 now but I don't regret selling. 100% increase in a year is just nuts.

Meant to type $500 profit on 100 shares.

I own a lot of AAPL. I'm still working, and my company's products have started incorporating Apple's Low Energy BT technology (for audio). Apple is the forerunner for this stuff...Airpods and their spawn are the future (whether or not you like how they look!).
AAPL is not going anywhere. People are FINALLY clueing in to Apple's value and technology (the stock was battered for so long) Check back here in 5 years, and see where the stock is.

I own a lot of AAPL. I'm still working, and my company's products have started incorporating Apple's Low Energy BT technology (for audio). Apple is the forerunner for this stuff...Airpods and their spawn are the future (whether or not you like how they look!).
AAPL is not going anywhere. People are FINALLY clueing in to Apple's value and technology (the stock was battered for so long) Check back here in 5 years, and see where the stock is.

+1 I was gonna build a bigger position but gonna go after MSFT instead

My friend who owns TSLA said there would be a buying opportunity at the open on last Thursday. He was right, it dipped below $500. I just couldn't pull the trigger, though. Now I see it's up to $544. That's over 8% in 3 days.

He says there will likely be a stock price jump on Tesla "Battery Investor Day", whenever that is, Tesla isn't saying, but it's supposed to be soon. Then there could be a dip when they announce Q4 results on January 29th. Finally, he says there should be a dip when the announce Q1 results at the end of April as Tesla (and all car makers) tend to have lousy first quarters. But I'm worried by then the price might be in the low $600's and "dip" to $575 or so.

Oh well. After Tesla announced Q4 earnings that beat estimates and plan on selling 500,000 vehicles in 2020, the stock price rocketed up to $640.

Oh well. After Tesla announced Q4 earnings that beat estimates and plan on selling 500,000 vehicles in 2020, the stock price rocketed up to $640.

And now it's up to $765. Two days later.

Last edited:
I thought to myself TESLA would be in VTI but not the S&P500 so VTI must now be overperforming relative to the S&P500, but no since TESLA has begun their 350% run as it becomes one of the 65 largest companies in the world, passing COSTCO today and I think might likely crack the top 50 and pass #50 SALESFORCE.com if the stock can rise another 12% or three hours of trading for TESLA. But for the VTI since it includes TESLA it should be outperforming S&P but in actuality they are a dead heat. However the RUSSELL 1000 is handily beating both of the more famous index ETF's. Both in the most recent year and for the last 10 years.

If TESLA could double from here, not a very hard task considering it will be added to the S&P500 if they make a profit the next 3 quarters it will be in the 25 largest companies in the world. TESLA is now the market cap of Apple back in December of 2009 when Apple made 8 Billion that year on sales of 42 billion, TESLA had one of their best years ever in 2019 losing 700+ million on sales of 25 billion, so if they can crack the break even point for a year I can see this being a trillion dollar company. Ironically I talked to a couple of people who have purchased TESLA and they point to SPACE X as a bonus for their purchase, did not believe me that SPACE X is not part of TESLA.

Last edited:
OK 2 more days at this rate and it will be the #25 largest company in the world. Today's rise is a 100% increase in market capitalization from the market cap of last May, presently now #43 passing 22 companies today.

OK 2 more days at this rate and it will be the #25 largest company in the world. Today's rise is a 100% increase in market capitalization from the market cap of last May, presently now #43 passing 22 companies today.

It seems irrational at this point. People are betting that Tesla will be very, very profitable in the future--and they're probably right--but the level and pace of increase in the stock price seems unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom