Interesting April Fool's Day

NYEXPAT

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Interesting day in the market.

Bulls- Coming off a great quarter, the average increase for this quarter should be 5.8 % higher.
The long awaited "Golden Cross" arrived today ( 50 day MA crossed over 200 Day MA)

Bears- Elliott Wave guys put the high for this rally at (SPX) 2868 which we reached today. They are now waiting for a move below 2787 (i believe) to confirm this. The bottom of the next cycle will be 2100-2200.

Who is right?

Does a Golden Cross beat an Inverted Yield Curve?
It appears that both were long-awaited.

Does a Golden Cross beat an Inverted Yield Curve?
It appears that both were long-awaited.

I guess so, as we got the Golden Cross, but are still waiting on inversion for the 2 vs 10 year bond (most popular measure).

I guess so, as we got the Golden Cross, but are still waiting on inversion for the 2 vs 10 year bond (most popular measure).

Isn't everyone using the excuse of Fed balance sheet reductions to cherry pick which part of the yield curve they choose to believe?

Have a link handy? I'm looking for intermediate term CDs and am curious what's happening on yield..

I monitor treasury rates using the CNBC app and have entries for 30 yr, 10 yr, 5 yr, 2 yr, 1 yr, 6 mo, 3 mo and 1 mo in my watch list.

Another option: https://www.treasury.gov/resource-c...interest-rates/pages/textview.aspx?data=yield

But this does not give you rate movements during the day.

As you can see the 10 year rate moved back above shorter term rates today.

Last edited:
Big jump higher in intermediate and long rates today!

Alot of people are going to be jumping on the 20 year (TLT) tomorrow as the guy I know who went long last Nov at 113.50 predicts it will run to at least 128 and possibly into the 130's.

Back
Top Bottom