LOL!'s Market Timing Newsletter

LOL!

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Today, we are all neutral. Invested in passively-managed index funds such as
VCSH, VTI, VEU, VWO, VBR, VSS, VNQ. No cash.

Watch this thread for transaction info.

Me too.

I have some DLS to spice it up a little.

Boy is this thread going to be boring...

DD

How much for the newsletter?

When you get informercial finished please post it. Make sure to include some hot girls in the commercial since I doubt there will be many viewers otherwise.

How much for the newsletter?
This is the newsletter, so the only fee is the wasting of your time reading all the E-R forum ads.

When you get informercial finished please post it. Make sure to include some hot girls in the commercial since I doubt there will be many viewers otherwise.

If you want hot girls, then change your avatar or whatever you call that picture thing to have some. Or encourage folks with hot girl avatars to post to this thread.

Watch this thread for transaction info.
See you next year?

Or are you one o' them there "dirty market timers" who rebalances twice a year, despite the extra taxes & transaction costs?

I am a serious market timer with a portion of my portfolio. I will announce transactions as they occur and why. I have about 7 tax-advantaged accounts available to me that I make trades in. There are no transaction costs and no taxes when using these accounts.

I have made several trades already this year, but I won't list them because you wouldn't believe them anyways. As this thread develops, you will be able to see my orders if you have real-time Level II quotes and are quick enough to look. You will certainly be able to use an intraday chart to examine the veracity of my trades.

If you want hot girls, then change your avatar or whatever you call that picture thing to have some. Or encourage folks with hot girl avatars to post to this thread.

Ok calling W2R, since her Avatar is lovely.

Will a middle aged Mustang chick with long legs help the cause ? :blush:

Attachments

• MustangChick2010.jpg
    MustangChick2010.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 245
Works for me! :)

LOL! said:
I am a serious market timer with a portion of my portfolio. I will announce transactions as they occur and why. I have about 7 tax-advantaged accounts available to me that I make trades in. There are no transaction costs and no taxes when using these accounts.

I have made several trades already this year, but I won't list them because you wouldn't believe them anyways. As this thread develops, you will be able to see my orders if you have real-time Level II quotes and are quick enough to look. You will certainly be able to use an intraday chart to examine the veracity of my trades.

Can I ask what 7 tax advantaged you have I have 4 2 Roth me and wife and 2 simple Ira. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything thanks

Ok calling W2R, since her Avatar is lovely.

:D Thank you! I think Eva is lovely, too.

Personally I don't like market timing (for myself, YMMV) and have managed to resist it for the most part.

Can I ask what 7 tax advantaged you have I have 4 2 Roth me and wife and 2 simple Ira. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything thanks
We have IRAs and 401(k)s at different brokers rather than at a single broker. For example, a traditional IRA at WellsFargo and a traditional IRA at Vanguard.

An obscure advantage of multiple accounts at different financial institutions is that you can get around frequent trading restrictions and trade settlement issues easily. For example, suppose you own VCSH in his IRA and VWO in her IRA. You need to buy more VWO, so you sell VCSH and free-ride the cash to buy VWO. A day later, you need to sell the VWO you bought, but you cannot since the first buy has not settled. So you sell VWO out of the other account.

Or you sell a Vanguard (or Fidelity) fund and they say you cannot buy back into it for 60 days easily. So you simply buy back in by using a different account not at Vanguard.

Lovely, Dora! Is that Audrey Hepburn? I always thought she was stunning.

And no, Veremchuka, I just look like, well, like the 63-year-old woman that I am. However, a girl can dream. :LOL:

Lovely, Dora! Is that Audrey Hepburn? I always thought she was stunning.

And no, Veremchuka, I just look like, well, like the 63-year-old woman that I am. However, a girl can dream. :LOL:

Who is Audrey Hepburn? That is me. :)

Sigh.

Ok, it is Audrey. They broke the mold when she was cast.

DoraM & W2R,

I bet you two gals are as lovely as your avatars. Modest women of humble demeanor tend to downplay their looks to the point of self flagellation.

Today is turning out to be one of the worst days for the ExtendedMarket index fund since August 11, 2011. Thus, it is time to put in a buy order.

I have entered an order to exchange money from a bond fund to the Spartan Extended Market Index fund at the NAVs this afternoon. This means I am buying mid/small cap US stocks.

Yes/No, on a day like today, I change my asset allocation to have 2% more equities. VXF has dropped the most so far today, so it is the candidate for a buy, hence I bought more FSEMX.

Back
Top Bottom