Not loving the up and up of the markets

They can go in slowly. I know DCA is not ideal but it's easier for some people.

Well, I really feel there is a lot of investors that just don't have the right personality to make a go of it. You really have to have nerves of steel. Some people don't have it. So they become easily unsure of themselves and have a hard time doing anything at all. Investing is a lot about having the right temperament.

That's why I employ an FA, I ain't got it.

Every time I invested personally I either lost or was stagnant.

I have all the transferred funds sitting in a VG Rollover-IRA account. The transfers were done in-kind from one company to another without taking any distributions so no tax or penalties. However, I sold the assets when I felt was the right time and then move them over to VG. Sometimes the processing took about 2 weeks since they insisted sending the in-kind transfer check to my home address and I had to forward it to VG. For this reason I sold off the funds rather than letting them do it at their choosing.

Regarding the mortgage question, I wouldn't use the rollover-IRA funds to pay down/off the mortgage but instead the cash reserves in my cash/brokerage accounts. However, most likely I'll leave the mortgage alone.

If you sold the securities and transferred cash, you did not transfer "in kind."

I kind of missed the great bull market of the 90's, you might say? I was going through a very rough period in my life, and didn't have any investments at that time. I was always so envious of those who did.

But now, it looks like this bull market might end up being even better! Hard to imagine but it just keeps going up and up. Maybe in another few years, we can tell younger people "Yes, I was invested during the Great Bull Market of 2009-2020 and it really paid off for me."

Another glance, another record today. Might be in need of another "Whee!" before the market drops. Oh, it will...um...someday :rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom