Options education recommendation

23window

Dryer sheet aficionado
I have a very rudimentary understanding of options trading and strategies, but no practical experience. I would like to learn more before I put a toe in the water. Are their books or online resources the options experts here would recommend?

I have a very rudimentary understanding of options trading and strategies, but no practical experience. I would like to learn more before I put a toe in the water. Are their books or online resources the options experts here would recommend?
Well first of all I am far from an expert but have done some options trading. Mostly simple calls and put buying and selling. Some of the brokerages have a "paper trading platform" that allows you to actually do practice trades with no money involved. You could learn a lot that way by actually acting like they are real trades and see how you would react/trade. I use mostly TD Ameritrade and like the thinkorswim platform they have. I also use Fidelity just because I have more money with them than Ameritrade and can do a little more aggressive tactics because of that.

TD Ameritrade has a very good options course in their education center.

Once you understand a little bit, Don Kaufman has some good videos on how to actually do stuff in ThinkORSwim trading platform.

My best education was to lose my money on my first option trade :facepalm:

That taught me to be a LOT more careful.

Let us know what you find to be a good educational resource, as I'm sure I could use some education. :popcorn:

there are many good educational and instructional videos on youtube .

Back
Top Bottom