Poll: Who is selling today’s (March 2nd) “dead cat bounce “

Who is “selling” Mondays “dead cat bounce “? Please comment “why” and what below!

• I am selling equities on Mondays dead cat stock market bounce

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • I am buying equities on Mondays dead cat stock market bounce

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • I am staying the course

Votes: 74 80.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeachOrCity

Full time employment: Posting here.
Futures show markets up globally today Monday. USA and Europe.

Answer selling if you are taking advantage of this to sell (or sell more) stocks, or buy puts on a market index etc.

Answer buying if you are actually moving more money over and above any preplanned buys you had in store.

Answer hold the course if you are ignoring mr. market.

Be sure to add “why” and what you are doing to the comments!

What dead cat bounce? Currently essentially flat.

And now negative.

Last edited:
Not seeing a bounce either. If it does bounce up I'll do nothing since I haven't hit my minimum equity balance yet. If it were to drop further from Fridays level I'll buy a little with my play money. In other words stay the course.

Not reacting either way.

Currently buying pharmaceutical stocks related to Covid 19....many will double today like they did Friday. I'm already up 75% in after hours, and pre-market trading today.

Staying put on my 401K (equities), and tell myself that I am now buying cheaper shares with every paycheck deposit.

Staying the course as of today (Monday) but will most likely buy stocks in near future just a watch and see mode before I buy. No selling for me, only buying.

Last edited:
Selling about 10% today. Cash needed for a new car this week and an especially large tax bill in a few weeks. Wish I'd have taken this action a couple weeks ago.

Not doing anything here. Rebalance at the beginning of the year and am not enough off of target to rebalance again. Besides, to buy more stocks I would need to sell some preferred and I'm disinclined to do that.

Moved the thread to Stock Picking / Market Strategy Forum.

Last edited:
I'm staying the course :popcorn: .

The same rationale as no sense is tornado chasing when stormy weather hits.

Staying put for now. If we drop another 10-15%, I’ll consider buying

Well that dead cat, barely got off the ground at Market open......

As for me, I am still technically within my IPS (55/45 w/ 5% bands).
...but my trades are taking me to the limit of my bands, and if the market heads into bear territory (i.e. another 10% decline off todays levels), I will be where my IPS tells me to buy / rebalance....except that I have some SPY puts for May that will cushion my overall portfolio drop.

Time will tell.

We would have to get to a true >20% bear to hit my rebalance bands so staying the course. I expect the market to tread water today and tomorrow (with lots of volatility), and open sharply down on Weds.

Bit miffed that I procrastinated this morning. Nine more index shares purchased, but missed the big surge. Oh well.

"Dear investors, do enjoy this dead cat bounce and bear market sucker’s rally ... don’t wait too long until you jump ship while the financial Titanic hits the next financial iceberg: you may get squeezed and crashed in the rush to the lifeboats."

- Nouriel Roubini, March, 2009

Roubini Reflections on Latest Sucker's Rally

Bit miffed that I procrastinated this morning. Nine more index shares purchased, but missed the big surge. Oh well.

"Dear investors, do enjoy this dead cat bounce and bear market sucker’s rally ... don’t wait too long until you jump ship while the financial Titanic hits the next financial iceberg: you may get squeezed and crashed in the rush to the lifeboats."

- Nouriel Roubini, March, 2009

Ah, yes, Dr. Doom. :LOL:

Can't vote since I bought and sold today.

Hot dog!! The Dow is 26,200 at this moment, up 800 points. :D :dance:

As always, I'm going to do nothing but it's good to see a nice number like that.

I'll buy more if it goes closer to 15% to 20% down. Or if I chicken out and cave. I put DW's lump sum pension money into bonds when we received it. I really just want to get it into the AA somewhere other than the market top. Also trying to Roth convert a substantial amount at a low price. 25% of each done last Wednesday. 75% to go, sometime this year.

I think I'll hold onto my AAPL and VHT for a while.

Back
Top Bottom