RobinHood race from $2,500 to $250,000

We did it again boys!

My Robinhood account is holding 1400 shares and I didn't sell September calls against them after the August ones expired!

I also have 3000 shares in my big taxable account and 2000 shares in a Roth (but the Roth ones have Sept 18 $20 calls against them :-( )

When is that next estimated tax payment due again? :dance::dance::dance::dance:

We did it again boys!

My Robinhood account is holding 1400 shares and I didn't sell September calls against them after the August ones expired!

I also have 3000 shares in my big taxable account and 2000 shares in a Roth (but the Roth ones have Sept 18 $20 calls against them :-( )

Should’ve listened to you and not sold those August calls! Dang

We did it again boys!

Nice! That should give you a boost towards $250K : )

Appreciate you giving these suggestions on bio's, def not a group of stocks I usually follow. If I recall, ITCI was kind of a "maybe it will payoff", on the back-end of SGMO. So still rooting for SGMO to have a pop too :)

I have 500 that I've been holding and watching drop, but that will pay off now. But I made that purchase simply because I had some excess cash sitting around and bought it just for the premium, so probably wouldn't have bought that otherwise. That is still over 15% return for a month, over 600% annualized, so it was a good place to park some excess cash. Sure beat a CD :)

Last edited:
We did it again boys!

Great play on the ITCI.

Between call premiums and extra shares I made a few bucks, too!!

I did buy back into SGMO in Robinhood the other day 500 shares at $10.05 or something around there. Nice to see it at $10.40 this morning but that is a yawn now compared to the ITCI gains in Robinhood.

I will post an update after market opens and I sell some. I think Robinhood is going to be a tad over $53,000 now...and I started this thread and the account a bit over 2 years ago with $2,500.

Should’ve listened to you and not sold those August calls! Dang
If you think the higher price will stick, one additional play on those could be to roll them out a month and higher strike price. I'm currently showing that the Sep 18@$19 has bid/ask of $10.20/$11.50 and Oct 16@$30 has bid/ask of $3.50/$5.20. So it is showing market of $800 cost to roll it, but then maybe pick up $1,100 on price gain. $27/sh then is break-even on the gamble.

Good thought, Bob. But, I think I got too cute selling the additional calls. So, I don't think I'll try my luck again. I'll take the profit, and move on.

Good thought, Bob. But, I think I got too cute selling the additional calls. So, I don't think I'll try my luck again. I'll take the profit, and move on.

I did the same - selling ITCI Sep 18th Calls at $19 for $2.25 premium cut into my profit. Glad I had some extra shares to sell after the good news today.

I am thankful that I found this thread. I've been able to learn a Helluva lot from the contributors in the past few months and have profited nicely, too.

The exchange of information and viewpoints is really valuable!

I was reminded that we made money on ITCI back in June, as well. That relieves a bit of the sting from the calls I sold.

Back from working on our house build (so hard to not keep checking the market while nailing together 2x6 studs!) and here is the Robinhood update:

Looks like I ended the day at $52,168 with $45,868 of that now in cash. I sold several batches of ITCI during the day in the $32 area but kept 200 shares for when some buyer pays $60 a share next month and I kick myself for selling at $32 :D

Day's gain was over $18,000. The account has gained 1979% since I started this one man contest back in 2018, just over 2 years ago. A reasonable return.

Attachments

• rh99.jpg
    rh99.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 27
  • rh99b.jpg
    rh99b.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 26
We did it again boys!

Thank you Fermion for recommending this company, I don't have too many shares so I will ride it until the end of year hoping for the $60/share price. :)

Thank you Fermion for recommending this company, I don't have too many shares so I will ride it until the end of year hoping for the $60/share price. :)

I am glad you made some money. This stuff isn't for the feint of heart though. Having ITCI drop to $17 the past few weeks wasn't fun.

It looks like they did a offering after hours, $350 million for an unknown strike. 10 million shares at $35 a share would be good, some strike less than that not as great.

I kind of question why they need that much money, considering the $400 million they have in the bank. Are they planning to grow instead of getting bought out? Do they want to be the next large cap bio?

I am still interested in the company on a dip, now that it is somewhat de-risked (and super well funded). I would probably buy back some shares in the mid $20s (or do some buy-writes if it got that low) in hopes that next year some bigger fish just snaps it up for $50 to $100, depending on sales and market cap.

Other than that, all I have right now to invest in is SGMO. I gotta run another stock screen like the one that found ITCI, huh?

It looks like they did a offering after hours, $350 million for an unknown strike. 10 million shares at $35 a share would be good, some strike less than that not as great.

Just saw that too. Dilution of just over 15%, this little company mixing it up for sure. Timing is definitely good as higher share price reduces the dilution significantly. Curious why they are doing the cash grab.

So how are we all feeling on Sangamo? They are incredibly well funded ($600m net cash on hand I think with the current $1.4B market cap) and have milestone payments coming in from partnerships.

A $20 price target with the current $10 share price.

I had been more into ITCI recently but now with the freed up funds, maybe I should dip a little deeper into SGMO.

I like companies with approved drugs though because it shows management can navigate the hoops to get through the trials and requirements and SGMO is not there yet.

So how are we all feeling on Sangamo? They are incredibly well funded ($600m net cash on hand I think with the current $1.4B market cap) and have milestone payments coming in from partnerships.

I had been more into ITCI recently but now with the freed up funds, maybe I should dip a little deeper into SGMO.

I like companies with approved drugs though because it shows management can navigate the hoops to get through the trials and requirements and SGMO is not there yet.

I thought that SGMO had more legs to it than ITCI. :cool: And watching ITCI slowly erode it's share price I thought I was right. :D But then saw ITCI pop and shows that I didn't know squadoosh. :blush::facepalm:

Interesting on SGMO cash, cash increased last quarter by $388M , from $81M to $469M. $141M from Operations ($206M from change in working capital - $79M for loss), another $101M from investing (mostly maturity of investment) and $145M from Financing (issuance of common stock). So some good, some meh as to drivers of cash. Not seeing insiders scoop up any shares, but also not unloading them either.

I'm still holding a few shares of SGMO with a gut feel something positive will be happening here too.

Thought about SGMO yesterday and bought a few hundred shares at $10.20.
If nothing else SGMO lends itself to short term trade.

I just added a few more shares of GILD at $64.72. Bargain price, gonna hold on.

I bought Gilead up near $70 and just added more in IRA at $63.60. It is either a trap or a steal...I am betting it is a steal here.

Back
Top Bottom