RobinHood race from $2,500 to $250,000

Sold some Vanda this morning at $12. Should have put all my Gilead money in Vanda...

Well, at least Gilead is recovering a little bit. I really hate these big "safe" companies lol.

Nice flip, Fermion.
I think I'm in VNDA for the long haul, waiting on the pot of the gold. ITCI making a nice move today, as well
Also, still holding SGMO

Nice flip, Fermion.
I think I'm in VNDA for the long haul, waiting on the pot of the gold. ITCI making a nice move today, as well
Also, still holding SGMO

I flipped ITCI at $23.20 (sold at $24.20) and thought myself so smart and today it is near $27 again.

VNDA and ITCI are great for the long haul...you will do better than me.

Also, kicking myself for not buying FOLD a few months ago when I brought it up here. At the time it was around $10. today it's up to $20.50. Damn!!

Nice flip, Fermion.
Also, still holding SGMO

Dang it, I added few hundred more shares of VNDA at $10.50 but should have bought more. Worried about election.

Good on you for holding!!

Heh.... I dumped out of VNDA at about $11, but then moved that to ITCI and did a CC. So we'll see how it shakes out, may end up being a push. Still hold SGMO, earnings today so not sure if I unload before close today or hold and see how earnings go.

Jumped on 100 shares of ITCI in my play account yesterday. Still had 50 shares in there at $19. Yesterdays price was $26.62. Popping pretty good today at $27.73. It's the small victories that climb the ladder for me. Full disclosure, I needed a loss to off set a pretty good year. I actually found it with a lot of my APPL. Never thought I would get rid of that but I really did need a loss. Oh well. Most of my APPL is way up but I needed a short term and that's the only loss I had.

Last edited:
I am probably going to end up taking a loss on Gilead. It tanked and just won't come back. Robinhood is down a bit on that, around $48,000 right now. Still up a lot for the year but down about $5,000 from the peak. Oh well, make a bundle in Vanda, lose it in Gilead.

Jumped on 100 shares of ITCI in my play account yesterday. Still had 50 shares in there at $19. Yesterdays price was $26.62. Popping pretty good today at $27.73. It's the small victories that climb the ladder for me.

Easy come, easy go. ITCI down 5% today. Nothing in the news. Maybe just a one day pump and dump by the computerss? Who knows. I will sit tight and reevaluate.

Easy come, easy go. ITCI down 5% today. Nothing in the news. Maybe just a one day pump and dump by the computerss? Who knows. I will sit tight and reevaluate.

At least you have the comfort that the offering at $30 ($28?) was completed recently, so any buy below that price can't be too bad.

I am a buyer again at $25 but it may never go that low. I would sell at $32.

I am probably going to end up taking a loss on Gilead. It tanked and just won't come back. Robinhood is down a bit on that, around $48,000 right now. Still up a lot for the year but down about $5,000 from the peak. Oh well, make a bundle in Vanda, lose it in Gilead.

Hopefully you sold already as the news today isn't helping GILD. I've just not been a fan of GILD as investment. It seems they should do good but never have and just raises flag to me. I still have position in ITCI, still making some scratch on covered calls. I have small position in SGMO. I unloaded VNDA but walked away from a few bucks.

Not seeing a lot of movement in these, a calm before the storm?

I'm at 46% on my original purchase price. But, I agree. Maybe I sell half and then buy back tomorrow if it gives back a little. Guess I could sell some calls, too

Made me look. Obviously not a day trader, as I haven't looked at my Bios in a few weeks. But with the overall market up so much recently I was surprised to see SGMO and ITCI both down about 10% from the last time I looked, and Gild is only up a touch. All are still in the plus column for me, but they obviously don't follow the general market.

At least you have the comfort that the offering at $30 ($28?) was completed recently, so any buy below that price can't be too bad.

I am a buyer again at $25 but it may never go that low. I would sell at $32.

You been a buyer? I picked up a few more around $24.

You been a buyer? I picked up a few more around $24.

More trading...I bought some at $23.75 and just sold it for $24.82...not much, 3000 shares but puts lights on the tree I guess.

I'm just starting to get on board here. I have a FA, but I find this fun.

I bought (10k) of Fisker (FSR) at $10.50 a couple of weeks ago. It went as high as $21 and is at $17 today.

Today I opened a Robinhood account and I'm going to give this a whirl

Thanks everyone for sharing.

More trading...I bought some at $23.75 and just sold it for $24.82...not much, 3000 shares but puts lights on the tree I guess.
I thought you may have jumped in for a quick buck. Surprised you jumped out so quickly, but profit is always good.

I did some cover calls on what I bought for a quick few bucks so will be holding this until mid-Jan. [emoji14] I am hoping for it to get assigned, woukd be a decent return. [emoji383]

I thought you may have jumped in for a quick buck. Surprised you jumped out so quickly, but profit is always good.

I did some cover calls on what I bought for a quick few bucks so will be holding this until mid-Jan. [emoji14] I am hoping for it to get assigned, woukd be a decent return. [emoji383]

This is one of those (like Vanda) where I am going to trade it for a buck here and there and then one morning it is up 100% on a buyout. The luck will be if I am holding it that morning from a previous day's purchase or if sadly I sold it for a buck profit hours before.

The WHO just got owned by a respected article on why their determination of Gilead's Remy ineffectiveness was flawed.

I doubt it will move Gilead much though...Remy was never going to be a long term money maker...Gilead needs a cancer or NASH win.

This is one of those (like Vanda) where I am going to trade it for a buck here and there and then one morning it is up 100% on a buyout. The luck will be if I am holding it that morning from a previous day's purchase or if sadly I sold it for a buck profit hours before.
Your slugging percentage is pretty good. I figured not much on a buyout to occur during the holidays. We'll see. [emoji14]

Good news this morning on the SGMO/PFE Hemophilia collaboration and the stock is down 7%? I may buy more today

New to this site and this thread. I'm interested in playing with a little money and was wondering if most of the trades you are doing could be done in an IRA?

Back
Top Bottom