RobinHood race from $2,500 to $250,000

New to this site and this thread. I'm interested in playing with a little money and was wondering if most of the trades you are doing could be done in an IRA?

Yes, they could be done in an IRA. Although for some of buy/writes that we talk about you'd need to have approval from your brokerage to do them.

so what is going on with SGMO - can't find any news but it is up 20% today?! Sold a little on the way up.

so what is going on with SGMO - can't find any news but it is up 20% today?! Sold a little on the way up.

i can't find any news either. I own a good chunk, but still kicking myself for not buying back in the other day when it got down to $9.25

SGMO up BIG today!!! Wonder what's up?

I bought 500 shares on the dip. Would normally sell off but going to hold.

Last edited:
I bought 5 contracts on $7 SGMO 1/15 calls late Sept, had slight movement and then had a loss. I was wondering if these would show a profit before expiration, today a pop of 160%, 120% gain overall. Decision now to hold or sell. Would like to know what the news is on this....

I bought 5 contracts on $7 SGMO 1/15 calls late Sept, had slight movement and then had a loss. I was wondering if these would show a profit before expiration, today a pop of 160%, 120% gain overall. Decision now to hold or sell. Would like to know what the news is on this....

Well played, sir!!

I sold the 100 shares I bought on the dip, of course I wish I had sold it yesterday, however a 26% return in 2 days is pretty decent.

Now watch it get bought out for a ton more :eek:

I had stuff to do this morning and by the time I checked share price had fallen below $13. So I decided to hold.

I guess I should have sold at close yesterday. My crystal ball is broken. :LOL::LOL:

I had a standing order to sell my SGMO (bought at $9) for $13.50. I wasn't paying attention, but it executed a yesterday. Sweet! Now I'll wait and see if it drops more, and maybe buy in again. I'm still not comfortable doing puts and calls, so I'll just stick with trading occasionally. Still holding out hope for ITCI and GILD.

Sweet! ITCI just hit my 50% profit standing sell level ($27). Not sure why, but I'll take it.

Of course GILD is now down from where I bought it. I never have much luck with them.

Sweet! ITCI just hit my 50% profit standing sell level ($27). Not sure why, but I'll take it.

Of course GILD is now down from where I bought it. I never have much luck with them.

As soon as it gets near the end of the year I am selling Gilead, taking the tax loss and never buying it again. They just keep making bad choices.

Good job on the ITCI, I sold it at $26 again so missed out on this run to ($27.50 right now).

I am back in Vanda though.

I'm long VNDA and SGMO. Have worked my way into a nice low cost basis in both, so I'm not selling until something major happens

Sitting on 150 shares of ITCI. 50 at $19 and 100 at $26.62. Going to hold them and see what happens. 18% gain

152 shares of SGMO. Spread out but all around 10/share so sitting on 48% gain right now.

Not doing much else. Did add 2% to my play account into SPY at todays close. I think the market will pop with congress passing the package. Just started a bridge contract at work (32 hours/wk). That will take me until mid/late April. Fully funded 401K for 2020. Dropped down to 6% going into 2021 with all of the paycheck going into the taxable play account. Most likely go on unemplyment at that point. Obviously don't need it but I rate it. New company will most likely try to cut our $ by 30%. No way. Only working now becasue bride wants to work a few more years. Roatan dive trip for 11 days in February. When I go on unemployment I may head back to Roatan for a few weeks to finish my SCUBA instructor qual (while I apply for jobs via the internet of course).

Geez, these first world problems are something. LOL:cool:

Hey Fermion --- you look at SNCA?

Company is merging with private company (Leading BioScience), will result in SNCA shareholders holding 26% of the new company. " The combined company will focus on advancing LBS's lead pipeline asset, LB1148, in clinical studies to evaluate its potential to improve restoration of normal GI function following major surgery and reduce certain postoperative complications such as abdominal adhesions"

https://leadingbiosciences.com/lb1148/

Not overly sexy... :)

Currently trading at 78 cents (13.6M market cap) and yet there's a $520 forecast for it. One lowly analyst....

https://money.cnn.com/quote/forecas...1 analysts offering 12,the last price of 0.79.

Seems like a lotto ticket purchase at best.... Thoughts?

Hey Fermion --- you look at SNCA?

Company is merging with private company (Leading BioScience), will result in SNCA shareholders holding 26% of the new company. " The combined company will focus on advancing LBS's lead pipeline asset, LB1148, in clinical studies to evaluate its potential to improve restoration of normal GI function following major surgery and reduce certain postoperative complications such as abdominal adhesions"

https://leadingbiosciences.com/lb1148/

Not overly sexy... :)

Currently trading at 78 cents (13.6M market cap) and yet there's a $520 forecast for it. One lowly analyst....

https://money.cnn.com/quote/forecas...1 analysts offering 12,the last price of 0.79.

Seems like a lotto ticket purchase at best.... Thoughts?

The lottery MIGHT be a better bet. :)

...announces that it is investigating Seneca Biopharma, Inc. (“Seneca”) (NASDAQ CM: SNCA) regarding possible breaches of fiduciary duties and other violations of law related to Seneca’s agreement to merge with Leading BioSciences, Inc.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...stigation-of-Seneca-Biopharma-Inc-Merger.html

The lottery MIGHT be a better bet. :)

LOL :) But hey, someone thinks it's a flyer to $520..... LMAO!

Those announcements are common for every single merger transaction, look up several and you'll see a pattern.

Scumbag Law Firm Announcements

Here's another example, this scumbag firm just fires away a dozen motions...

Scumbag Law Firm #2 Announcements

Those lawyer firms are just scumbags rolling the dice paying some law clerk a few bucks to fil their motion. If one in 1,000 pay off they still profit.

When their isn't some scumbag law firm filing a motion with any corporate change, that's when I get nervous :)

Last edited:
Something good cooking with SGMO. I decided to ride this out and wow up 170% on my 1/15 calls. Debating again on hold/sell.

Something good cooking with SGMO. I decided to ride this out and wow up 170% on my 1/15 calls. Debating again on hold/sell.

I guess this is just SGMO finally benefitting from the CRSPR craze. This makes me question the buyout theory. I'm holding tight for now

LOL :) But hey, someone thinks it's a flyer to $520..... LMAO!

Those announcements are common for every single merger transaction, look up several and you'll see a pattern.

Here's another example, this scumbag firm just fires away a dozen motions...

Those lawyer firms are just scumbags rolling the dice paying some law clerk a few bucks to fil their motion. If one in 1,000 pay off they still profit.

When their isn't some scumbag law firm filing a motion with any corporate change, that's when I get nervous :)

Interesting...and bothersome....for a plethora of reasons. Lawyers already get a bad wrap (even though there are some pretty decent ones out there :D and this sure doesn't make things any better. It amazes me how much bar associations PUSH, PUSH, PUSH ethics and really puts folks through the ringer getting licensed, but once admitted to the good 'ole boy club...they become all but untouchable. :mad:

Ugh...their list of "cases" is nauseating. https://www.rigrodskylong.com/cases

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom