Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-31-2021, 10:47 AM   #641
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
It is a tough market. BLUE didn't stay up very long and now is around $29 to $30. I guess the hold really needs to be removed for it to move up but the FDA is slow as heck nowadays.

CLSN did yet another offering today for 11 million shares at $1.3 which is just two months after doing a $35 million dollar offering. What the heck?

If you put a hypodermic to my head and forced me to choose something, I guess it would be VANDA at sub $15. With 2021 year end cash projected to be $400 million, positive growing revenue, and only a $800 million market cap, it still looks like the real long term winner.
Since neither my BLUE nor my CLSN put options sold, I went for the VNDA. $14 4/16 put earns $40, so over 2.5% for under a month. I’ll take it - looks like I can profit selling calls if it ends up getting assigned, also.
RVplusDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #642
Recycles dryer sheets

Ugh. MRK after hours. :—(
RVplusDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:28 PM   #643
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVplusDog View Post
Ugh. MRK after hours. :—(
After hours? That looks good as it's up (34 cents) compared to the dump it took right out of the open today (down $3.41).
bobandsherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:24 PM   #644
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Retitling RobinHood race from $50,000 to $5,000

Biotech getting just beat up and they can't juice everyone on prices like the lumber companies can. Gilead is just giving away stuff now.

Oh well. I will just consider it my charitable contribution.
Fermion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:59 AM   #645

Quote:

Biotech getting just beat up and they can't juice everyone on prices like the lumber companies can. Gilead is just giving away stuff now.

Lol, looks like covid has taken focus off of non-covid related biotech stuff. The speculative stuff has been sucking the bottom of the pond, quality stuff has really done well thankfully. And thankfully the speculation stuff was all side bets, still enough to buy a decent steak [emoji3052] dinner. Lol.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:46 AM   #646
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
It is a tough market. ....
CLSN did yet another offering today for 11 million shares at $1.3 which is just two months after doing a $35 million dollar offering. What the heck?

If you put a hypodermic to my head and forced me to choose something, I guess it would be VANDA at sub $15. With 2021 year end cash projected to be $400 million, positive growing revenue, and only a $800 million market cap, it still looks like the real long term winner.
Due to the warning of not meeting listing requirements, I finally acted.

I sold off all my tiny amounts of CLSN in IRA's , keeping just the regular account CLSN.

Thankfully I had sold some calls on it, so my basis was 0.40
Since it's just play money, I made enough for a few lunches.

Do folks think CLSN will go back up or die off ?
Old 06-07-2021, 08:15 PM   #647

It's been quiet in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
I did pick up June calls for MRK, but went with $75 strike @$4.51 as that seemed slightly richer up to the $90 share price. If it goes over $90 I'll still be happy.
I decided to bail out of MRK a mid May as options were in the money. I was hesitant that it would pop further, but unless this turns around soon it looks like I may have gotten lucky for once as it's now down to $72.80. Or maybe it pops before expiration, but I'm OK with putting profits in my pocket.

I also finally got my ITCI assigned. It was OK. I had made a great return and felt the time was right to move on to something else. I'm out to SMGO and VNDA. What y'all been up to?
Old 06-08-2021, 08:33 AM   #648
Full time employment: Posting here.

I'm still holding SGMO and VNDA at $10.06 and $9.33 cost basis, respectively.
brokrken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:23 PM   #649

Quote:

Curious..... haven't heard in a while.... How's the race going?
Old 08-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #650
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandsherry View Post
Curious..... haven't heard in a while.... How's the race going?
I sort of stopped trading. Problems with Robinhood and some tax issues. I have switched the same investments over to a Roth but it is taking some time to move the investments without wash sale issues. I was down about $15,000 from the peek due to problems with Merck and Gilead, so that is kind of sad.

I should have done this in a Roth from the start, I just never figured out it would get in the way of my ACA subsidy and all.
Fermion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:03 PM   #651

Quote:
I sort of stopped trading. Problems with Robinhood and some tax issues. I have switched the same investments over to a Roth but it is taking some time to move the investments without wash sale issues. I was down about $15,000 from the peek due to problems with Merck and Gilead, so that is kind of sad.

I should have done this in a Roth from the start, I just never figured out it would get in the way of my ACA subsidy and all.
Thanks for the update.... I wish ya the best.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:27 AM   #652

This is one of the reasons I left Robinhood. I enjoy their app, but they don’t offer Roths and I don’t enjoy paying taxes unnecessarily.

Now I use Fidelity, which for trading works, but their UI isn’t nearly as good, especially for options.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:05 AM   #653

Hmm, one year since last post on this thread. It was one of my favorites while everyone was active. Hopefully you have all moved on to something interesting. Strange times.

" People say I'm lazy, dreaming my life away Well, they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall "Don't you miss the big time, boy. You're no longer on the ball" -John Lennon-
Bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote