RobinHood race from $2,500 to $250,000

ITCI had a good run, but last 5 days hasn't been kind. Glad I unloaded everything and locked in the profits. Will keep an eye on this for possible re-entry point.

View attachment 36306

Yes, I was glad I sold at $31 to $32 although I did rebuy 1000 shares in a IRA at $28...a little upset with myself for doing that now with it trading in the low $26 area....I figured it was cheaper than the offering but I jumped in too soon. Oh well, can't win em all....maybe it will pop again.

My 2000 share Gilead purchase sure is a stinker. It went below $62 today for a bit.

Console myself with a 4.4% dividend I guess. I really wasn't wanting to hold it through elections.

My 2000 share Gilead purchase sure is a stinker. It went below $62 today for a bit.

Console myself with a 4.4% dividend I guess. I really wasn't wanting to hold it through elections.

I was looking at GILD today and still didn't pull the trigger. But it's back on my radar and keeping an eye on it for entry point. Not sure where I want to get in. I had set $60 target in my head, but looking back over the years it seems it's only hit $60 once and $62 is a point of resistance. So maybe will dip my toe in on Monday.

9-25-2020 8-02-37 PM.jpg

It sure does seem really cheap at $62 but they just shelled out $21B...that is like a quarter of their market cap. To make that up, they will need to charge a pretty penny for IMMU's drugs when approved. In this political climate though, charging what a drug costs plus some profit is almost considered a crime.

I got into SGMO at $9, ITCI at $19. I put in sell limit orders, but was a bit too greedy and placed them too high. So I've still got them. These are held in my Roth, not Robinhood. I think I'm going to hold them for awhile to see if they get bought, or at least make it back up to my sale price.

I'm considering VNDA too. I'm going to put in a buy order at $9. But that one I think I'll sell after a tidy profit instead of holding out for a killing.

I’m in VNDA for 5,000 shares at $9.30 after putting off buying ITCI for way too long. Thanks for letting me lurk here!

I’m in VNDA for 5,000 shares at $9.30 after putting off buying ITCI for way too long. Thanks for letting me lurk here!

Just make sure you understand that it still has risk. I like the backstop of the large cash reserve but unexpected things can still happen.

I am holding 8000 total right now but will probably swing trade it a bit if given the opportunity. I would love to sell 4000 for a $1 gain and hold the rest for a bit more.

Guess the 5000 share purchase is starting to look pretty nice huh? That is about a $3,000 gain so far.

Yes, I was glad I sold at $31 to $32 although I did rebuy 1000 shares in a IRA at $28...a little upset with myself for doing that now with it trading in the low $26 area....I figured it was cheaper than the offering but I jumped in too soon. Oh well, can't win em all....maybe it will pop again.

I added some ITCI @ $24.59. It's been in a downtrend, but seems pretty cheap right now.

I added some ITCI @ $24.59. It's been in a downtrend, but seems pretty cheap right now.

I just added 1000 more at 24.45 also. I don't feel really great about this but as you say, it is getting fairly cheap below the recent offering at $30.

Guess the 5000 share purchase is starting to look pretty nice huh? That is about a $3,000 gain so far.

I feel good about the purchase, but feel even better each time I research VNDA. It just seems way underpriced

12.6% on VNDA so far. Not a bad start.

Sold half today to lock in ~17% profit. Market is pretty jittery lately.

Will hold remaining for a while and add more if price swoons down again.

I sold all my pharma stocks (except VNDA) in the last few weeks. Didn't want to hold them through the election.

Sold GILD at $64/share and it has not found a bottom yet. I don't get it.

I have flipped VNDA a few times now. Seems to have good support at ~$10/share. Sold half my shares again today.

Sold GILD at $64/share and it has not found a bottom yet. I don't get it.

My guess would be GILD will return to wherever it would otherwise be w/o COVID or pandemic. Initially, it was hoped remdesivir would decrease COVID mortality and morbidity. GILD was basically giving away the drug and it was being prescribed somewhat. Initial reports looked possibly promising and a large scale study was rolled out (this is when I bought.) Remdesivir now was more liberally prescribed to inpatients. Then the large study was cut short and remdesivir was declared successful, though what was noted was only a decrease of a few days of hospital stay. Stock went up.

The scientific community though understands this is not cool. Studies should be terminated early only if clearly study subjects are dying, having severe complications (like heart attacks), or being cured in significant numbers. You don’t though, prematurely stop a study just b/c patients are being discharged a few days early... unless you don’t want to discover a potentially worse conclusion, like there is no benefit.

And so since [-]shenanigans must have occurred behind the scenes[/-] it looked cost saving, remdesivir was then prescribed to basically all inpatients w/ COVID. Rode this a little and sold at $72.75, as I suspected financial reasons why the study was prematurely stopped. And now WHO has stated it has little or no effect on COVID. Which is a shame b/c remdesivir, like Tamiflu, probably does really have a very significant effect when given early enough in the viral replication process. The problem though is the long lag time between infection and symptom onset, which is very short in flu, but very long w/ SARsCoV2. In conclusion, remdesivir would be a blockbuster if a cheap oral form was developed, as it could then be prescribed not just at the earliest sign of infection, but to all contacts of someone who either comes down w/ symptoms or is diagnosed w/ infection. In this way, the pandemic could also be massively controlled.

Last edited:
I'm still in VNDA and SGMO and will hold. Actually added to my ABBV position this AM when the stock was down.

I bought Vanda and flipped it again today over $11. Happy with that. I have been slaughtered in Gilead though...something like $20,000 down on my 2000 shares, offset by the Vanda trades and some ITCI flipping.

It is like this every time. I lose money on the "safe" stocks that make boatloads of earnings and I make most of my money on the risky junk bios. I mean not that Vanda and ITCI are junk, but Gilead should not be trading at $58.

Back
Top Bottom