RobinHood race from $2,500 to $250,000

I like the idea that BLUE will take off but it sure hasn't.

I am holding 20 calls at $55 strike for August 2021 expiration in case they get approved in March but it could end up being a dud at least for this year.

It has traded in the $200 range awhile back. I am just looking for $75

Glad I haven’t dipped my toe yet. Down 32% today. I guess on lawsuit news. Maybe now’s the time to bite, but think I’ll just watch for a while

I don't see anything wrong with SGMO but of course I didn't see anything at all wrong with Merck but the market sure seems to.

I’m hoping the MRK news bodes well for our June options. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-merck-help-johnson-johnsons-131651792.html

I’m thinking of selling if those calls turn back to profit. Anyone else? Or will you hold longer?

I’m hoping the MRK news bodes well for our June options. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-merck-help-johnson-johnsons-131651792.html

I’m thinking of selling if those calls turn back to profit. Anyone else? Or will you hold longer?

Some good news, but not sure that's enough to really move the needle. Kind of how it worked with Pfizer, they were first to market and yet share price only moved downward as PFE is just so large that the $$ from vaccine isn't significant enough to the bottom line. Unclear as to what $$ MRK gets from this, but doubt it's enough to really show up in the bottom line. Could be wrong.

So not comfortable with Options, but I have just been buying a few shares in various companies that seem to move up and down. I have been putting my Limit orders with a 10% gain. I was thinking that may be too high of an expectation for short-term gains. Should I decrease my expectations? It isn't a huge amount. I'm normally a broad market ETF, buy-and-hold kind of guy.

cd :O)

Some maybe Gamestop type stuff going on with CLSN. I just found out about the messages today but was trading it Friday.

I bought 10,000 shares at $1.40 and sold 5000 at $1.70 same day, here is hoping they Gamestop this one on Monday and push it to $10 :)

Some maybe Gamestop type stuff going on with CLSN. I just found out about the messages today but was trading it Friday.

I bought 10,000 shares at $1.40 and sold 5000 at $1.70 same day, here is hoping they Gamestop this one on Monday and push it to $10 :)

If it does, it will blow past my covered call :eek:
That is when winning will feel like losing :LOL:

BLUE gained approval late Friday for MM, should go from $30 to at least $40 IMO, higher when the (unfair) hold is removed on their other drugs since it was proven to not be the cause of cancer.

BLUE gained approval late Friday for MM, should go from $30 to at least $40 IMO, higher when the (unfair) hold is removed on their other drugs since it was proven to not be the cause of cancer.

It’ll be fun to watch! I see your CLSN popped after you posted, also. Hope you got out at one of the peaks!

I dropped my hook in the water last week on HGEN, heard some rumblings, but nothing I felt worth sharing with the masses. Bought a few shares and sold some puts. Pre-market has a pop on news this morning of Phase 3 testing for Covid treatment. It may have some room left to move up as well.

Trial results showed that patients who received lenzilumab and other treatments, including steroids and/or remdesivir, had a 54% greater relative likelihood of survival without the need for IMV compared with patients receiving placebo and other treatments.Study results demonstrate that lenzilumab significantly improved patient outcomes. The study achieved its primary endpoint of ventilator-free survival measured through day 28 following treatment (HR: 1.54; 95%CI: 1.03-2.33, p=0.0365). Ventilator-free survival is a validated and reliable measure used in studies that evaluate respiratory distress.

Gonna put a hook out on Blue too. Thanks for sharing.

In on BLUE.

(Small bet on CLSN, too...)

I want to play please. Does it have to be in a IRA? I don't know if I have cap space in my IRA to do this...Is everyone using Robinhood? Or can we do it anywhere?

I dropped my hook in the water last week on HGEN, heard some rumblings, but nothing I felt worth sharing with the masses. Bought a few shares and sold some puts. Pre-market has a pop on news this morning of Phase 3 testing for Covid treatment. It may have some room left to move up as well.
HGEN took advantage of the pop with the positive 3rd phase results and issued new shares, about 10% dilution. Stock retreated from it's initial pop but still up from Monday's open. Up about 4% for today even with the issuing the new shares.

Gonna put a hook out on Blue too. Thanks for sharing.
This ones retreated (down 6% today), may be good entry point now for those that want to hold.

I want to play please. Does it have to be in a IRA? I don't know if I have cap space in my IRA to do this...Is everyone using Robinhood? Or can we do it anywhere?

Every place has it's own benefits and pain.

IRA/Roth is good because if you make money, there is no tax complication of short term vs long term. Losing money really hurts here.

Regular brokerage account is good because if you lose money, you can claim the loss to offset other income. If you make money, you have to share the gain with the taxman.

In on BLUE.

(Small bet on CLSN, too...)

It is a tough market. BLUE didn't stay up very long and now is around $29 to $30. I guess the hold really needs to be removed for it to move up but the FDA is slow as heck nowadays.

CLSN did yet another offering today for 11 million shares at $1.3 which is just two months after doing a $35 million dollar offering. What the heck?

If you put a hypodermic to my head and forced me to choose something, I guess it would be VANDA at sub $15. With 2021 year end cash projected to be $400 million, positive growing revenue, and only a $800 million market cap, it still looks like the real long term winner.

It is a tough market. BLUE didn't stay up very long and now is around $29 to $30. I guess the hold really needs to be removed for it to move up but the FDA is slow as heck nowadays.

CLSN did yet another offering today for 11 million shares at $1.3 which is just two months after doing a $35 million dollar offering. What the heck?

If you put a hypodermic to my head and forced me to choose something, I guess it would be VANDA at sub $15. With 2021 year end cash projected to be $400 million, positive growing revenue, and only a $800 million market cap, it still looks like the real long term winner.

Since neither my BLUE nor my CLSN put options sold, I went for the VNDA. $14 4/16 put earns $40, so over 2.5% for under a month. I’ll take it - looks like I can profit selling calls if it ends up getting assigned, also.

Retitling RobinHood race from $50,000 to $5,000 :cool:

Biotech getting just beat up and they can't juice everyone on prices like the lumber companies can. Gilead is just giving away stuff now.

Oh well. I will just consider it my charitable contribution.

Biotech getting just beat up and they can't juice everyone on prices like the lumber companies can. Gilead is just giving away stuff now.

Lol, looks like covid has taken focus off of non-covid related biotech stuff. The speculative stuff has been sucking the bottom of the pond, quality stuff has really done well thankfully. And thankfully the speculation stuff was all side bets, still enough to buy a decent steak [emoji3052] dinner. Lol.

It is a tough market. ....

Due to the warning of not meeting listing requirements, I finally acted.

I sold off all my tiny amounts of CLSN in IRA's , keeping just the regular account CLSN.

Thankfully I had sold some calls on it, so my basis was 0.40
Since it's just play money, I made enough for a few lunches.

Do folks think CLSN will go back up or die off ?

It's been quiet in here.

I did pick up June calls for MRK, but went with $75 strike @$4.51 as that seemed slightly richer up to the $90 share price. If it goes over $90 I'll still be happy.

I decided to bail out of MRK a mid May as options were in the money. I was hesitant that it would pop further, but unless this turns around soon it looks like I may have gotten lucky for once as it's now down to $72.80. Or maybe it pops before expiration, but I'm OK with putting profits in my pocket.

I also finally got my ITCI assigned. It was OK. I had made a great return and felt the time was right to move on to something else. I'm out to SMGO and VNDA. What y'all been up to?

Last edited:
I'm still holding SGMO and VNDA at $10.06 and $9.33 cost basis, respectively.

Curious..... haven't heard in a while.... How's the race going?

Curious..... haven't heard in a while.... How's the race going?

I sort of stopped trading. Problems with Robinhood and some tax issues. I have switched the same investments over to a Roth but it is taking some time to move the investments without wash sale issues. I was down about $15,000 from the peek due to problems with Merck and Gilead, so that is kind of sad.

I should have done this in a Roth from the start, I just never figured out it would get in the way of my ACA subsidy and all.

Back
Top Bottom