S&P down about 3.5% so far, time to buy yet?

dvalley

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Time to throw some dry powder at it yet or is this going to get much worse first? My own crystal ball is always wrong :LOL:

Last edited:
my "play" account is really small after just completing my home build. I now have a few K left over and income each pay day so I plan to dollar cost avg a few K(15?) in over the next 60-90 days.

I have a standing BUY for IVV at 280 if it gets there. Will evaluate the next BUY point if that one triggers.

I wish it was explained a few days ago that a trade deal was "broken" in a bunch of ways instead just saying it's taking too long. It would have made a difference in how I trade. I'm not buying on this low but I bought a few days ago based on that incomplete information that I thought was complete enough. I mean it was just in a trading contest, but still.

Last edited:
I wish it was explained a few days ago that a trade deal was "broken" in a bunch of ways instead just saying it's taking too long. It would have made a difference in how I trade. I'm not buying on this low but I bought a few days ago based on that incomplete information that I thought was complete enough. I mean it was just in a trading contest, but still.

Ha ha - upset about a paper trade, I love it.

If it was stated that it was (hopelessly?) broken a few days ago, do you think the REAL market would have only been down what it was?

The market is still higher than it was 5 weeks ago, is this a serious question? Were you throwing dry powder in March?

What do I know but sounds temporary to me, until the deal gets down.

Ha ha - upset about a paper trade, I love it.

If it was stated that it was (hopelessly?) broken a few days ago, do you think the REAL market would have only been down what it was?

No, but the information came out a day or two later so they might as well have been accurate in the beginning, but I forgot how it was revealed. It may have been a leak.

BTW, by "broken" I meant past agreements removed from the written deal, which some have called broken agreements.

Last edited:
I wish it was explained a few days ago that a trade deal was "broken" in a bunch of ways instead just saying it's taking too long.
Wait a day - there will be a new excuse.

It would have made a difference in how I trade. I'm not buying on this low but I bought a few days ago based on that incomplete information that I thought was complete enough. I mean it was just in a trading contest, but still.
You think you get complete information? Hmm...

The problem is trying to trade on information, period. What makes you think the information will generally be good? And if it was that reliable, everyone would already act on it, negating any opportunity for you.

-ERD50

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy/gal knows...

Guy :) ER.org taught me to DCA and fogettabout it. Makes the accumulation phase less stressful. Although, I do acknowledge, a 10% discount in the market, at k-mart or the pet store is always better than retail price...

Buy the dip...if you have the powder :) I still have a ways to go, gimme some help!:D

Not directly related (because I'm not convinced the market is done going down), but I bought some Uber this morning @ 43.28.

I don't particularly like Uber. In fact, it is on my "Don't buy transportation stocks as they have no real barriers to entry" list. So what happened? With the broken IPO pricing and overhang on open, I think they will do everything they can to have gotten the weaker hands out on the open and will try to walk this up during the day.

I intend to sell this later today or Monday.

ETA: Well, so far not so good. Price is now $41.33, might just lick my wounds and walk away. Or maybe do so Monday.

Last edited:
Not directly related (because I'm not convinced the market is done going down), but I bought some Uber this morning @ 43.28.

I don't particularly like Uber. In fact, it is on my "Don't buy transportation stocks as they have no real barriers to entry" list. So what happened? With the broken IPO pricing and overhang on open, I think they will do everything they can to have gotten the weaker hands out on the open and will try to walk this up during the day.

I intend to sell this later today or Monday.

UBER is moving up

Wake me up when the PE 10 is 16.

The trick is to buy after China's retaliatory strike but before new talks are scheduled.

Not buying yet.

If I didn't FIREd I would be swooping in and buying like heck. People's pain is sometimes other people's glory.

Since I plan to keep the same number of shares generating dividends for the foreseeable future, there will be no buying or selling.

Last edited:
Back to volatility. One tweet and the market is up. One tweet and the market is down. The trade deal has broken down at this point with China retaliating.

Back
Top Bottom