Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2021, 07:07 PM   #61
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Barnfellow View Post
I have a concentrated portfolio of stocks with strong dividend growth characteristics, which represents 40% of our income. Recently I sold INTC--a 20 year hold--because of continuing execution and competitive concerns. Also, sold CVX and KMI and now am completely out of any fossil fuel names. Looking to an increasingly likely green energy future.
I was hoping the fossil fuel companies have a bit more of upside during the first half of the year or so. And I think I remember seeing info from PSX on their roadmap away from fossil fuels... I still have cvx, kmi, and psx. My sorta-greener kinda-energy plays are nee, LNG, NI, OGS, ETR, GE, ENB, CNP, and maybe some parts of my utilities (DUK, ED, & reducing my D). I also have generator, solar, & battery exposure. I hope those are profitable companies going forward.
RVplusDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2021, 07:17 PM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Dash man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Limerick
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVplusDog View Post
I was hoping the fossil fuel companies have a bit more of upside during the first half of the year or so. And I think I remember seeing info from PSX on their roadmap away from fossil fuels... I still have cvx, kmi, and psx. My sorta-greener kinda-energy plays are nee, LNG, NI, OGS, ETR, GE, ENB, CNP, and maybe some parts of my utilities (DUK, ED, & reducing my D). I also have generator, solar, & battery exposure. I hope those are profitable companies going forward.


My green energy play is CMI. Building natural gas trucks, but more importantly are working on hydrogen powered trucks.
Dash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:11 PM   #63
Full time employment: Posting here.
Out-to-Lunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash man View Post
My green energy play is CMI. Building natural gas trucks, but more importantly are working on hydrogen powered trucks.
Do they have any plans on where to acquire the hydrogen?
Out-to-Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:18 AM   #64
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Dash man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Limerick
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Out-to-Lunch View Post
Do they have any plans on where to acquire the hydrogen?

https://www.cummins.com/news/2021/02...en-year-review

IMG_3250.jpg
Dash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:36 AM   #65
Dryer sheet aficionado
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: San Diego
Posts: 41
I shorted GBTC, RIOT, and ETHE on Friday, and bought some puts on RIOT. How low can Bitcoin go this week? Looking to buy and cover about half of my positions today.

Also short a bunch of speculative tech stocks. Hopefully they continue tanking this week and I can cover and roll the gains into some value plays.
jurgs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:02 AM   #66
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Sunset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Posts: 10,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
I shorted GBTC, RIOT, and ETHE on Friday, and bought some puts on RIOT. How low can Bitcoin go this week? Looking to buy and cover about half of my positions today.

Also short a bunch of speculative tech stocks. Hopefully they continue tanking this week and I can cover and roll the gains into some value plays.
I'm too chicken to really short anything, the closest I'll come is selling puts on ARKG.
__________________
Fortune favors the prepared mind. ... Louis Pasteur
Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:14 AM   #67
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 708
Aargh - getting punished this week. Up 50% over the last 90 days in my play Roth, but some of that has now been taken back over the last couple of days. Hoping to just stay the course and maybe buy some more...
NgineER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:19 AM   #68
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Dash man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Limerick
Posts: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by NgineER View Post
Aargh - getting punished this week. Up 50% over the last 90 days in my play Roth, but some of that has now been taken back over the last couple of days. Hoping to just stay the course and maybe buy some more...


At first glance it looks like were getting punished, then I look further back an see how far its risen over the past year.
This might be a good time to do some selective stock Roth conversions.
Dash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An interesting stock picking challenge Leonidas FIRE and Money 1 10-22-2008 05:15 PM
Gentlemen's Stock Picking Club greg Stock Picking and Market Strategy 99 10-19-2007 02:07 PM
Ohio waitress wins CNBC stock picking contest cute fuzzy bunny Stock Picking and Market Strategy 21 07-20-2007 10:22 PM
Any interest in a stock picking board? brewer12345 Forum Admin 30 05-30-2007 12:46 PM
Is all the Indexing money making opportunities for stock picking? Olav23 FIRE and Money 2 01-08-2007 12:40 PM

» Quick Links

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 AM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.