Join Early Retirement Today

TARGET stock price
Old 08-21-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

TARGET stock price

I can't remember the last time an established, non high tech stock increased 20% in one day, as Target (TGT) did today. It's especially unusual, considering TGT is a dividend aristocrat, having increased their dividend for 51 years!

Think the stock will go down tomorrow?

Full disclosure: TGT is a small holding in my portfolio.
Al18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

I’ve tried investing in the stock market several times over the years only to lose money. Last year I hired an advisor to invest a substantial amount and looked at the holdings a few months ago to see what he bought. Lots of efts and a big chunk of target. I thought to myself that was the worst idea ever but decided to let him do his thing.
Yes it will go down tomorrow
Arizona1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:14 AM   #3

Surprisingly, TGT is up another 1.75% to $104.80 at 12:12 pm today. It's nice to see the stock I purchased 3 years ago is appreciating.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Hometown company. Good for them! The town is painted in Red Bullseyes. Target Field, Target Center, Target Corporate... I think personally it was overdue. WMT popped as the contender of AMZN and in fact much stronger than people thought...TGT is just the "red headed step child" no pun intended, so bound to get the attention from investors it deserved. People be like "where to put cash..."

answer...TGT
Old 08-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #5

Nice to see Amazon will not be taking over the entire retail business
Old 08-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

There was an article about the surprisingly successful pivot Target has done. I'm actually a secret squirrel for them (fun!) doing tests/marketing focus groups, and they've REALLY ramped up the variety of their offerings/product lines/ways of shopping and customer service/offers.

Shipt, Cartwheel, I personally love their intuitive Target app that even shows you store maps for the store you're in and locates items for you or shows you items in stock/out, offers/coupons/events... they price match (even Amazon!), free shipping for using their card (or $35 order), can choose ship to home, store, drive up... so if you worry a package might get swiped, they'll hold it for you and even bring it to your car, you get 5% cash back for using their card PLUS extra discounts for using Wallet/cartwheel... I get random $5 gift cards ALL THE TIME doing my regular shopping. They even sent me a cool offer in the mail for a new store opening (spend $15, get $5 off coupon) that I didn't even have to use for the store in question.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:17 PM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Way better than Walmart
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:45 AM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiesGirl View Post
There was an article about the surprisingly successful pivot Target has done. I'm actually a secret squirrel for them (fun!) doing tests/marketing focus groups, and they've REALLY ramped up the variety of their offerings/product lines/ways of shopping and customer service/offers.
I recall one recent shopping strategy that didn't go over too well:

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...get-96187.html