The Bull Run will continue for years .. Cabot article

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
https://cabotwealth.com/daily/stock-market/bull-market-likely-years-run/

Saw an article and I agree the bull run will continue for awhile.. another 10 years or so perhaps. The Tech sector will continue to power growth.

I’ve heard the doom and gloom saying the Baby Boomers will take out tons of money from the stock market..and the market will collapse lol. On the other hand, aside from the military and government workers who are still getting pensions, Private pensions are a thing of the past and younger people are plowing their retirement savings into the stock market or index funds. And I think many boomers’s kids will inherit their 401k, instead of blowing all of it.

Baby Boomers have been retiring for the last ten years and it hasn't caused a problem in the market. No reason to think it will in the future IMO.

Or it won’t. Nobody knows nothin’.

I'm confused.
A Bull/Bear market comes and goes.
Recessions come and go.

Unless MOST Boomers withdrew ALL their money AT ONCE, I don't see the connection between Boomer's withdrawals and a Bull market.

Even if they did, where would that money be going? Buy things? That would improve the market.

And as you note, Millennials seem to be replenishing the balance quite aggressively.

My crystal ball is cracked, I can't read minds, and my Time Machine is broken. (The needed parts will not be available until 2062. Dang! I should have bought an extra transmogrifier during the Martian Terra Forming Day sale.)

So, all predictions aside, I will keep my AA which includes some reserve cash to get me through tough times.

Last edited:
I think generally speaking you can't tell if you are in a secular bear or bull until afterwards and look back.

FWIW (which is not much), I agree that we still have a long run in the secular bull as there's enough innovation driven by tech (automation, AI, etc) and world markets continue to develop. But, I would not be surprised if we get hit with a cyclical bear and recession within the next 5 years.

Demographically, with boomers retiring and limited young working age growth, I think interest rates will stay relatively low. Retirees generally have their money invested and slowly put it out while the younger demographic are the ones needing to borrow money for houses, cars, etc.

I don't know, either.

Another day, another prediction. Hope it's right, but now and then Black Swans come flying in.

Another day, another prediction. Hope it's right, but now and then Black Swans come flying in.

Another day, another negative prediction! Isn't this the third or fourth doom and gloom prediction/article on the forum this week?

Where's all this coming from? SS haircuts, shipping container recessions, now Boomers causing a crash; all nonsense IMO and wasting my precious time on earth.

What I'm really interested in is when will I get my seven stars.

It's a beautiful day outside right now. I'm going out on my boat.

:D
I'll be out back climbing my financial beanstalk that goes to heaven.

What financial beanstalk? Where did you get the beans? Will,it grow in Vermont or ...I can move, no problem.
What haven’t I heard of this before? Why have you guys been holding out on me? Is it because I raise chickens?

What financial beanstalk? Where did you get the beans? Will,it grow in Vermont or ...I can move, no problem.
What haven’t I heard of this before? Why have you guys been holding out on me? Is it because I raise chickens?

But Black Swans love to munch on beanstalks so be careful. . .

Some say a bear market is close because the bull is getting old. Which is simplifying statistics too much IMHO. With all the market factors making up the bull there must be room for greater deviation.

Some of you may have missed it but at the end of the article, it indicated the author is an expert in "Market Timing". So there.

Apparently none of you is an expert in Market Timing. Expert status is required to make market predictions. Unless you have your Masters from the Market Timing Institute, your opinion is just that, opinion. In times like this, we need expertise.

Okay, I actually liked the article. Thanks for posting. :)

Some of you may have missed it but at the end of the article, it indicated the author is an expert in "Market Timing". So there.

Apparently none of you is an expert in Market Timing. Expert status is required to make market predictions. Unless you have your Masters from the Market Timing Institute, your opinion is just that, opinion. In times like this, we need expertise.

Couldn't have said it better!

And I'll defer to the timing experts from now on. So there!

I understood the video to say 2040 is the end of civilization as we know it. It does not say the end of the world or end of life. Just making sure I understand that so my reincarnated self has somewhere to go.

I didn't even read the article but when a lot of people start exclaiming that the longest bull market in decades will go on for another ten years I think irrational exuberance. Not that I will be changing anything in any event. Ten more years and I will definitely be flying first class.

I absolutely, positively agree that this time it's different from all other times and that nothing will change until it changes. And, if this is the sort of thing you like, you'll like this sort of thing. On the other hand, we have 5 fingers. :popcorn::D:cool::facepalm:;):flowers::angel::hide::eek::baconflag::dead::peace:

Back
Top Bottom