Vanguard goes to commission free trading like the rest

It costs too much money to keep track of commissions, charge them, collect them, answer questions about them, and update web site, documents, and hard copy about them. I also suspect that Vanguard does not have many clients that would make more than 12 such trades a year anyways.

This makes a difference to me, in conjunction with the money market fund, it has become very attractive.

I have never bought or sold stocks. does anyone here use this service and would it be advantageous to set it up for when buying opportunities come up, such as 2008? at that time the stocks were incredibly low cost and I had no way to buy. It says 0 cost per transaction, does that mean you can buy and sell stocks for free at any time?

I have never bought or sold stocks. does anyone here use this service and would it be advantageous to set it up for when buying opportunities come up, such as 2008? at that time the stocks were incredibly low cost and I had no way to buy. It says 0 cost per transaction, does that mean you can buy and sell stocks for free at any time?
Yes.

Strange world we live in. I can remember when fees for a round trip had dropped from $200 now it's $0.0!

This makes a difference to me, in conjunction with the money market fund, it has become very attractive.
Brokers make their money on the cash balances that are not invested. How are they making money I wonder?

Back
Top Bottom