What are your stocks that are up YTD?

Dash man

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Duk 8.48%

aep 13.81%

lly 12.77%

abc 18.08%

gis 3.8%

lmt 27.04%

cvx 50.15%

xom 57.33%

ko 8.83%

es 1.57%

bce 3.09%

jnj 4.9%

rtx 11.03%

All those and more (I assume they are all components of VTI?).

And I did check first, this is not the "stock picking sub-forum" (that response might have been frowned upon by the mods in that sub-forum).

-ERD50

Only own 3 individual stocks.

CVX: up 48%

SR: up 28%

VZ: down 2.6%

Given the S&P is down 15% YTD, maybe I should be a stock picker:D

Just kidding:angel:

I only have two remaining individual stocks, and together they comprise slightly over 5% of my portfolio.

MO +13.6% YTD
SJT +107% YTD

not counting dividends for either, which are large.

Last edited:
Only own two individual stocks:
OKE (up 10%)
KMI (up 20%)

All those and more (I assume they are all components of VTI?).

And I did check first, this is not the "stock picking sub-forum" (that response might have been frowned upon by the mods in that sub-forum).

-ERD50

same; I ditched individual stocks many years ago.

11 are up:

LLY
TEF
MO
PM
ABBV
EXC
XO
BP
CEG
PEP
NGG

5 are down for the year.

My ytd top performers so far--
bpt +330% ytd bought Feb 2021
cmpi +260% ytd bought Jan 2022
rcmt +210% ytd bought Mar 2020
I wouldn't buy any of these at current prices, and not just because they're no longer penny stocks.

Still just a drop in the bucket compared to my losses ytd mostly from crashing high fliers that I should have dumped in Q1 2021 but hesitated after racking up the biggest tax bill of my life. It wasn't just the taxes, though, it was galling watching winners triple in value just days to weeks after I sold, so probably deer in headlights too. Hopefully won't make that mistake again next time.

Of course that's what I said about nls which I bought under a buck a share back in the 2008/2009 crash. Two golden opportunities to exit and missed them both. I guess its crazy valuation gap last year compared to pton warped my expectations, and I actually had the idea to buy 2-yr puts on pton to hedge, but never followed through. This one is now back to penny land, and its ratios look not that bad, but as a rule I don't average up, so it'll take another down leg for me to add shares.

Oils and pipelines, mostly bought in early 2021 when nobody wanted them:

OXY
XOM
EPD
WMB
CVX
AR

Last edited:
No stock picker, I, these long-term holdings — copied at tonight's close with YTD data from Morningstar's portfolio manager (a tracker/aggregator used in addition to Personal Capital, online, and Quicken Mac 2007, offline) — are mostly inherited, save for the ETFs (DBC & SPYD) and BRK.B.

Passed on to me through my dad, from my grandmother, I suppose you could say there is some tried-and-true "survivorship bias" to them that is in effect.

XOM . . . . 60.25%
DBC . . . . 36.43%
CC . . . . . 24.43%
BP . . . . . 24.00%
DOW . . . 19.89%
ENB . . . . 18.82%
XEL . . . . .12.54%
RTX . . . . . .9.95%
DUK . . . . . 9.02%
T . . . . . . . . 8.16%
SPYD . . . . . 6.26%
BRK.B . . . . .3.22%
IBM . . . . . . 3.01%
VZ . . . . . . . 1.08%

Last edited:
I haven't checked everything, but XOM in the US and Canadian oil/pipeline stocks (TRP.TO, IPL.TO, ENB.TO, CNQ.TO) and telecom stocks (T.TO, BCE.TO) are all up.

Last edited:
Ummm, Quicken sorts them for me by YTD ranking with just a mouse click. Across all of my and my wife's accounts, the list in decreasing order is shown below.

The YTD return numbers are provided by Quicken, and may not include dividends.

Occidental Petroleum (OXY): 124.9%
TeeKay Tankers (TNK): 80.1%
Turquoise Hill Resources (TRQ): 70.5%
Halliburton (HAL): 68.8%
Exxon Mobil (XOM): 57.2%
Marathon Petroleum (MPC): 53.9%
Dorian LPG (LPG): 53.8%
Pioneer Natural Resource (PXD): 51.2%
Mosaic (MOS): 48.42%
Schlumberger (SLB): 47.0%
Ovintiv (OVV): 45.8%
CF Industries (CF): 42.4%

I will stop now.

While I had some winners, I’ve been pretty beat up by a few others. Some folks here have pretty heavy concentrations in energy stocks. Wish I had more.

Hah, just realized I could have saved typing by capturing my Quicken screen.

You may think, Wowza, NW-Bound is getting filthy rich. :eek:

I wish these were my only stocks. :LOL:

I guess you are now curious to see my worst stocks. ;)

10965-albums221-picture2645.png

And here's the dunce cap list, made by Quicken with just a mouse click to reverse the sort order. :p

10965-albums221-picture2646.png

Last edited:
Stocks up YTD - Past performance and all that:
COP - Conoco Phillips - 53%
GCBC - Green County Bancorp - 42%
NOC - Northrup Grumman - 22%
AEC - American Electric Power Company - 17%
ABBV - Abbvie - 12%
RTX - Raytheon - 10%
AEE - Ameren - 8%
JNJ - Johnson & Johnson - 7%

YMMV has mostly gone down.

And here's the dunce cap list, made by Quicken with just a mouse click to reverse the sort order. :p
Man, you own a *lot* of stocks! There must be a lot more between +24 and -9! You appear to be running your own mutual fund. :LOL:

-ERD50

We only own a handful of individual stocks. The ones that are up are:
EXC - 19.36%
CEG - 40.95% since it launched about 3 months ago as a spin off of EXC

Man, you own a *lot* of stocks! There must be a lot more between +24 and -9! You appear to be running your own mutual fund. :LOL:

-ERD50

For you, I just scrolled through the Quicken screen to count them.

127 stocks and ETFs
3 money funds + various I bonds
25 MFs
54 options currently

The MFs are legacy (I bought decades ago), and I don't pay much attention to them. At this point, they are only 11% of portfolio.

The 54 options are position counts, meaning I may have as many as 10 contracts in a particular position. The majority are weekly options; about 1/2 will expire tomorrow, and the rest will expire next Friday.

Last edited:
The only individual stocks I hold are small long term positions in Cannabis, Wind, and Solar.

They are all down to a fraction of my original purchase price. I suck at individual stock selection.

CTVA - Corteva Inc +34.69%
DOW - Dow, Inc. +19.6 %
COP - ConcocoPhillips +53.38%
PSX - Phillips 66 +30.29%

I am mostly in ITOT, VWINX and FSKAX all of which are down.

Back
Top Bottom