What did you buy Today?

Got lucky and spotted a feller about to load up his track-hoe a few doors from our house. We had a sidewalk replaced recently for only the cost of the concrete thanks to an economic stimulus program - in doing so we had some of the walk 6" below grade and some 6" above. Ground is hard and dry and lawn covered - a little tiller was going to cost $54 for 5 hour and I was not looking forward to using it. For $50 the track hoe guy gently scraped the earth level and dumped the sod and dirt near the sidewalk high spots. Totally great deal! Watching someone use a backhoe or track hoe that has the skill is very cool. For instance this set of pics showing a hoe loading itself onto a rail car.

YouTube - CROWPEAKS SELF LOADING BACKHOE

YouTube - CROWPEAKS SELF LOADING BACKHOE

I bought RIMM and Honeywell

Welcome to the forum, Sully.:greetings10:

I see you have a nice intro on your profile page, I especially liked the mention of your wife. :) Feel free to start a thread in the Hi, I Am section and let us know how your first three years of retirement have been going.

I purchased some RMB bonds due Sept 2011. A pathetic 2.7% pa yield to maturity but better than the 0.0% yield on my RMB savings account. At least I don't have to pay any tax on that.

I also "invested" in a weekend hotel and spa package in Macau for my wife's birthday next weekend.

Sarah, it is GORGEOUS!! Have fun.

Oh, I have such a bad case of the car-buying fever today! :D And I am so happy for you.

I added some AAPL Jan 2010 $180 calls today to a long position today.

I bought a brisket from Whole Foods.

Ha

Dawg: Now that I´ve finally learned how to post photo -at long last:blush:- I posting another one that does her better justice:D even if taken by cell phone.
img_864654_0_6bb411a48c859826e22e8ceaa693a2ee.jpg

Or, to quote Craig Ferguson, a Bris Kit.

:LOL:

No way. I won't allow any cutting tools designed to be used on penises in my apartment. Don't even like the thought! :)

ha

No way. I won't allow any cutting tools ...
ha

:nonono: Lorena Bobbit used a common kitchen carving knife on her husband. Subsequently, there was another case where a common pair of scissors was employed, but I did not know all the details.

Back
Top Bottom