what to invest with 10k

No, it makes perfect sense. He's more likely to double his money by putting it all on black at the roulette wheel than he is to pick a stock that will double in a year.

And if he wants to put in $10k and have $1M in 10 years? Or more? Good luck with that roulette wheel.

Check out RDN. Almost went bankrupt during housing crisis. Now making very good money and stock price has dropped over last 6 months. Looking for $18/share in next year. Jmho.

My timeframe will be 5-10 years.

I have a similar 10k and similar timeframe. One that I have been thinking about is Tesla. I would think you'll either lose it or do very well. Disclaimer: I am not an financial adviser nor do I own that stock.

What got me thinking about this was a visit to a Tesla store. Inside they had the basic frame without the cover. What struck me is how very simple that car actually is. You can see an example here. Basically a bit of steering in the front, an electric motor in the back, and some batteries in the middle. The motor looks like one of the little ones I played with as a kid.

Now - I'm not a car guy at all, but where are all those things I don't understand when I look under my car's hood? Pistons, spark plugs, fuel injectors, timing belts, etc. You know - all the things that break and need maintenance and all that. I was impressed.

Of course, that has no bearing on how the company and their stock will fare.

Back
Top Bottom