Where to put 100K?

remi

Confused about dryer sheets
I currently have 100K in a bond fund but I think there might be a bond bubble building that will burst in 2011 and want to move it into stocks. What are the best possibilities? Thanks.

remi, I don't think anyone is comfortable making recommendations for "stocks" with the limited information we have available about your situation. I recommend you pick a a few investment books from this recommended reading list and educate yourself a bit. Once you have an idea of what you think you want to do, post your thoughts here and you'll get some (hopefully good) feedback.

I currently have 100K in a bond fund but I think there might be a bond bubble building that will burst in 2011 and want to move it into stocks. What are the best possibilities? Thanks.

I think it's hard to make recommendations about investments without knowing what the rest of the portfolio contains. It's the overall performance that is important not any one asset in isolation.

Sounds like market timing.......figure out an asset allocation that is appropriate for your age, risk tolerance and goals, and see how your $100k of bonds fits into that. Then either sell, buy or do nothing to get to your desired allocation and rebalance when it goes out of whack.

I guess it all really depends on whether or not you expect high inflation in the near future. If so, then you're probably better off investing in gold, silver, platinum, palladium, fertile raw land, and significantly undervalued home foreclosures in desirable areas.

The only reason to be holding bonds at rates this low right now is if you expect deflation or for the market to be plain flat for a long time being.

The only reason to be holding bonds at rates this low right now is if you expect deflation or for the market to be plain flat for a long time being.

Or if you just want to keep your AA stable

Back
Top Bottom