A couple questions for domestic travelers

Breedlove

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We are making our final plans for Key West in October . This will be our 4th time . DW found a B&B in KW for 315.00 a night , the Mango Tree Inn , we usually use Susie but we don't know anything about the Mango T Inn. Rooms normally go for 500.00 and up close to Duval . Any Info ?

Airfare this time , if we get a United Airlines Credit card our tickets work out to be -50% cheaper . Is this some type of gimmick ?:dance:

On the united credit card - the probable downside will be your FICO score.

the card's are usually introduced with no annual fee* (for a year). After that, the annual fee is anywhere from large to huge.

so - what I've done in the past when I wanted the offer (once got a card from them just to have the united club access for a year) - I would get the card and set up a calendar reminder for 11.5 months out to cancel the card before the fee hit. You'll take a ding for getting the card and another ding for closing a line of credit.

If that doesn't matter to you - the card is a great way to get points/club access/whatever it offers.

You do know that October is fantasy fest in Key west ? If you do not know what fantasy fest is goggle it .It is not for easily offended people.

You do know that October is fantasy fest in Key west ? If you do not know what fantasy fest is goggle it .It is not for easily offended people.

Perhaps the Breedlove's are the "Lead Flashers" and October in KW wouldn't be what it is without them. We'll probably never know for sure....

Last edited:

Since this is Breedlove's 4th time going to Key West, I suspect this could BE the reason for the trip:D.

Key West is the kind of place you either love, or hate. We haven't been for a few years, and this is starting the wheels turning for another visit.

We actually like going in November for the Power Boat races.

To OP's question: We have not stayed at the Mango Tree but a quick look at the website looks inviting. Looks like you are far enough away from Duval and Mallory Square to have some peace, but close enough to walk to everything.

A few suggestions, though you may already know of these:

- Cuban food: El Siboney
- Breakfast: Blue Heaven, complete with chickens roaming around
- Tapas: Santiago's Bodega
- Quiet afternoon overlooking the beach: Salute (near Higgs Beach)
- Eclectic music: Green Parrot
- Great seafood: Cafe Sole
- Outdoor bar with Music: Schooner Wharf Bar (gotta see Michael McCloud and Raven Cooper)

OK, after that i need to talk to DW and our friends about another trip.

Back
Top Bottom