AAHHH The JOYS of a Vacation

old medic

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We have been planning this trip a while... before Covid, since it has cancelled our last 2 family reunions... With that much time, you can really plan it down to the Tee... should have NO SURPRISES....:facepalm:
Its over 1600 miles, so we wanted to stretch out our travels, see a few things we have rushed passed over the last 35 years, show the 10 year old GS some of the world. Wife puts in for the time off, and mark the Calendar, 6/10 to 7/4, Her Niece Graduates 6/24, party 6/25, 2 hour travel 6/28 to were the family's camping with the reunion 7/2 leave 7/3 and 700 miles home. Rest is open.
3 years ago we made this trip, and had a great time... but missed having the Harley to go out and explore our old stomping grounds... So a month ago we buy a (NTU) toyhauler... mad dash since to move our stuff from the old camper, figure lay out, get the bike mount set up... Then the Truck needed some work to upgrade... Was cutting it close, then get a break... LOL Wife has work interfere, and needs to be in Court for a hearing the morning of the 14th.. Gives me a few days to get more done, and gas prices to go up. In the mean time We are still waiting on our plate from DMV... Tuesday morning its a run to the dealer for another Temp Tag. GS get dropped off, and helps me get everything set For Nana to get done at work... 3PM and we hit the road...
About 6 we get a call from GS Mom... Her live BF was sent home from work with Covid.... The following afternoon... GS starts running a fever... Yup Covid+... Mild symptoms... then DW gets all the symptoms, but tests-... the next night I get hit by a train... also -... So after quarantined in a PA camp ground with cold rainy weather, we head to her sisters 6/19, set up in the yard, and manage to get in a 15mile scoot on the Bike... before rain moves back in. The next morning... Even though we feel OK.... both + for Covid...
So between weather and results, we stay sitting around...
THEN
The GS is playing Minecraft on my computer.... Hits OK when a BIOS tab opens... AND BRICKS MY COMPUTER... Recovery disk and associated stuff is at home. :facepalm: After talking with an old Co-worker thats a Computer whiz... Its find someone local to try and fix, Or find a cheap replacement... Was wanting to upgrade the HD to a SSD anyway, so $370 later I have a new laptop with SSD.... Spent several hours yesterday getting it updated and set up....
WHY.... We get paid once a month, me today, DW last day of the month. So guess who has to pay bills....
GUESS WHO HAS NO LIST OF YOUSER NAMES/PASSWORDS!!!!!
So this morning its taken me over 2 hours to do what normally took 15 minutes...
But its finally sunny, warm and the bikes calling.... y'all grab your :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: .... we still got 9 days to go...

Well, that sounds like the potential vacay from He**:LOL:

No, really, you will be laughing at this when you look back.
Hope the rest of the time goes without problems!
Enjoy

Oh my! Quite the adventure. Good luck with the COVID. Hope it stays mild for you and the family.

I don't get why when you get paid has a thing to do with who pays bills? Bills should be paid with money that is months old. If you are spending this month's money on this month's bills you are living on the edge of disaster.

We returned from 2 weeks in London, Athens and on a cruise ship ending in Venice. We all tested negative on Covid, but I came home with what i assume was the flu. Been in bed most of the last 2 weeks--and getting nothing done around home.

Our 10 year old GD went with us as we're determined she's going to be a citizen of The World.

Sometimes things run as planned and sometimes road blocks are put in our way on vacations.

I don't get why when you get paid has a thing to do with who pays bills? Bills should be paid with money that is months old. If you are spending this month's money on this month's bills you are living on the edge of disaster.

We are rebuilding a house, and have bought a lot of materials on 0% store cards...Paying it off, and In big chunks I might add... Our old money sits in savings, and after paying the bills, half left over is ours to enjoy, the other half becomes more old money. It works fine for us... :dance:

At least no airplanes or airports were involved.

Stay well, old medic.

I use my bank’s autopay so even though stuck in Ireland I don’t have to worry about it.

do you think they can get Chevy Chase to play the lead role in the movie?
Sucks that covid wormed its way into your domestic driving vacation, medic. Hopefully some better travels will come.

We had a vacation like that a few weeks ago. We almost didn't get to go because we didn't have our Spanish covid paperwork completed- cause we weren't going to Spain. We were flying through Madrid. The Spanish travel website said we didn't have to do it cause we were only passing through. American airlines said we weren't getting on the plane without it. Barely got that done in time. I forgot to turn on the international plan on my phone and couldn't access the train tickets, so we got to buy those twice. There was a holiday in France and all of the restaurants were booked. The Queen's Jubilee complicated travel in England- and so did a subway strike in London. And driving on the wrong side of the road is always an adventure... There was also a 5 hour flight delay and a crazy Airbnb owner. They canceled the return covid test 5 days after we got back! We had a good time, but we'll need to recover before the next one!

Somehow A reply didn't get in here:confused:? Thanks all, Our Covid symptoms have all been mild and short lived. The Nieces Graduation party was like a family reunion for the DW. Bunch of her family I never met before... after 37 years... Yesterday was about perfect weather, about 150 miles on the bike up to their hunting camp in the Adirondacks, and spent the day riding ATVs exploring the property... about 29000 acres...
Rains back for this morning, but we need to get packed up, leaving this afternoon or early in the morning for our last stop, camping till Sunday at my family reunion. Only about 2 yours away.

As Teacher Terry stated, Auto Pay was something I had thought about, but never got around to doing... It will be done. And next time I'll have a pic of my password list just in case.

The Adirondacks is a very beautiful area. We used to visit family out there every summer for many years.

I have my bank's autopay service pay at least the CC minimum payment every month on the three cards I use the most. At least that way I don't get hit with a late fee and my credit report is not dinged.

We made it home... the rest of the trip was basically uneventful. We camped with family beside the Esopus Creek in the Catskills, only 10 miles from where I grew up, enjoyed fly fishing, and scooting around visiting old friends and places.
1936 miles on the truck @ 11.2 MPG. Fuel range $4.44- $5.24, 4 times the pump clicked off at $100.
About 400 miles more on the bike... $5.74 for the good gas in NY.

Back
Top Bottom