AirBnB experiences in London, UK

6miths

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We are heading over for a wedding in May and looking for a place in London for 4 or 5 nights before the actual event which is already set accommodation wise. At least 2 people but possibly up to 4. Hoping to be fairly central. Usually we just do the hotel thing but thought might be worth a shot. Thought this travel experienced group might have found a few gems. :)

We are also headed there in mid-May for 5 nights (after visiting Scotland for 5 nights) with my 22 year old son. We rented a three bedroom apartment through Homeaway/VRBO in Covent Gardens. It was not cheap but it is about 1500 square feet in a good location for us. We do this often and have had no problem. We are very familiar with the service because we rent one our vacations rentals through VRBO/Homeaway.

We stayed in the Rotherhithe district about a quarter mile from the Hilton Doubletree hotel and ferry of same name. The Airbnb was next door to a working farm. We LOVED the property.

It was large with a balcony (off the MBR) and a large terrace. Best of all, it came with two River Roamer passes for each day of our stay. The water taxi is the best way to get around London IMHO. The large boats have food, drinks, loos, and are uncrowded outside of the summer months. They stop at all the main London sights.

Rotherhithe and the Canary Warf district were great, if a ways from the heart of London. We enjoyed the area immensely. YMMV!

We stayed in a really nice townhouse in Crystal Palace but that is probably not central enough for you ?

Thanks for the suggestions. We are big walkers and with the transit system things are pretty easy to get too. DW is looking and VRBO as I type and will book something once flights are booked hopefully today. Getting the kids in line is like herding cats.

We went a couple of years ago and used a similar service called One Fine Stay. A good experience.

We were just there in October with my mother-in-law in tow. We found the selection of places to be much better on Home Away and VRBO than AirBnB. We were thoroughly happy with this place:

https://www.vrbo.com/1032729ha

Back
Top Bottom