Join Early Retirement Today

Airport Pickup in Honolulu?
Old 01-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Airport Pickup in Honolulu?

Has anyone used a car service for a pick up from Honolulu Airport? I know there are plenty of taxis but when we go next month there are going to be 4 of us with 4 suitcases so it would be great if we could organise a mini van in advance. For some reason everytime we take a taxi to or from Honolulu Airport, even when there is only two of us, we end up with one of those ostentatious stretch limos which I detest.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

What about the Nord Shuttle?

Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

There is a van shuttle that goes to Waikiki. I have used it a couple of times. Don't remember the cost. (Mega-corp always paid for it.)

MB
mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I don't really want to use one of those group shuttle buses as it always seems I used to be the last one dropped off. Once we are there, we just want to be whisked away so we can enjoy the atmosphere of the beach, not the streets of Honolulu.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
gone traveling

http://www.charleystaxi.com/airportflyer.pdf

They have minivans you can arrange ahead of time.
honobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
What about the Nord Shuttle?
Sorry, haven't used a shuttle service in years and I can't vouch for any of them.

Charley's should be OK with the number of people you're making a reservation for. But if they stand you up, there's always "The Cab".

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I used Oahu Airport Shuttle for a few years but they seem to be out of business.
Last time I tried to find an airport shuttle I struck out.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Not recommending this for you, since you'll have big bags, but we plan to either take the shuttle ($9/person) or the bus ($2/person) depending on how we feel when we get there. It's only an 9 mile trip.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:21 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
I used Oahu Airport Shuttle for a few years but they seem to be out of business.
I used to see their vans parked in the Mililani neighborhood but they've disappeared. I was wondering what happened.

When their shuttle driver gave my parents-in-law a ride to the airport last year, the guy was talking on his cell phone when the van pulled up to the curb. He smiled & waved at my PILs (still talking), loaded their luggage one-handed (still talking), gestured them into the van (still talking) and drove them away (still talking). Great customer manners.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote