All Inclusive Cruises with NO Surprises - Agencies?

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We are considering a Mediterranean and round the world cruise. We like all-inclusive resorts and would like the same stress extras free cruise.

We literally want everything included, Tips, Drink, Food, etc. with the exception of Excursions maybe as we would like to choose them, although we probably would go with the Cruise recommendations for convenience.

We have not taken many cruises but have been to many All-Inclusive resorts and love the no surprises at checkout.

I was wondering if there really are such beasts available, not having to choose a drinks package etc. A Real All-Inclusive cruise.

I am sure there are agents who specialize in doing all the booking for you and when I check the internet there are too many to choose from, and we all know reviews can be subjective.

Does anyone here take such cruises, if so, what is the best way to go about bookings, and have you been happy with the results?

if you don't worry about BTD, and waiting until at least 2023, check out the Ritz Carlton line that's about to launch. Truly all inclusive, small boats.

if you don't worry about BTD, and waiting until at least 2023, check out the Ritz Carlton line that's about to launch. Truly all inclusive, small boats.

I am not in the smart people club. What is BTD? If you don't mind educating one of the unpopular club.

BTD = Blow That Dough. A concept where if you are not spending enough in your retirement, to change your stripes and start spending more.

Princess has 3 options. (1) Princess basic with main dining room included (2) Princess Plus adds wifi / gratuities / beverages (3) Princess Premier adds photos / 1 specialty dining. I just book basic as that covers my needs. Oh and I love Gigis which is their no charge Italian venue (think 4 courses: appetizer, soup or salad or both, meal [pizza or 3 non-pizza options], choice between 2 desserts)

I've cruised a lot on them so I get comped the coffee program ($36) for all the designer coffees, teas, cocoa, and Frappuccinos I can drink

Having 100 shares covers everything else (add 250 onboard credit for military). Usually get off owing under $10

Last edited:
Regent Seven Seas (Norwegian Cruise Lines) is all-inclusive.

Look at Silverseas. They have smaller ships and are all inclusive. They are also more expensive.

If going with high-end cruises is not desired, you truly can accomplish a zero-balance due as you leave the ship with pretty much any cruise line. I have prepaid everything before and left the ship with nothing due a couple times. But I do have to research a little and preorder the stuff online before sailing. Or any travel agent could do it for you.

We literally want everything included, Tips, Drink, Food, etc. with the exception of Excursions
Most cruises to my knowledge include food except for specialty restaurants, but may have a package for that too. They offer unlimited drink and wifi packages, and tell you upfront how much tips will be. So you can step onto the ship with pretty much every thing covered if you wish. I think Viking also includes an excursion in each port but don't quote me on that.

I often hear people complain about the "nickel and diming" when they cruised but we really didn't feel that way because none of the up charge stuff was anything we wanted anyway.

My Dad and I experienced most of what you're asking for on a Viking river cruise.

We purchased a prepaid tips package.

We didn't purchase a prepaid drinks package, but you can.

We pre-picked the excursions and prepaid those as well. Since there were several choices at each destination and were of differing prices, there would be no way to go with the cruise company's recommendations. (There were "included excursions" which generally amounted to a guided walking tour of the city.)

I think the airfare was also included. When we left the ship at the end of the trip I know we had no balance due.

While I have not done one, I know Viking has ocean and Mediterranean cruises as well: https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans. I would expect you could accomplish a similar deal on those cruises.

I suspect the higher end cruise lines would able to accommodate your preferences in a similar way. The cruise lines which are less expensive are more likely to be a la carte and risk add-ons to your bill. That being said, I think for someone who is on this board, it is very clear when something is an extra charge and when it isn't. If they ask for your room number, that's the big clue that there's a charge for whatever it is you're asking about.

When we're looking at taking cruises, we research on VacationsToGo.com because they have virtually every cruise listed online in the world. We sometimes will book with Vacations To Go and my wife has an individual travel agent in Tampa that comes up with freebies, etc.

The Around the World cruises are going to be ultra expensive because the popular priced cruise lines don't take on such trips. It will be a very well heeled crowd and possibly an older crowd on ultra luxury cruise lines. Young people seldom have the money and time to spend many months at sea.

We have taken repositioning cruises of over 2 weeks to Rome and Southhampton. Being at sea for 7 days without seeing land doesn't bother me. But I do get a little antsy being away from home for months at a time.

A few years ago, we booked a World Cruise on Regent Seven Seas, and it is pretty much an All-Inclusive...even most of the excursions are included. Some of the more expensive excursions (with helicopters, and those sort of things) the ship paid a portion of the excursion, but there are always plenty of "free" excursions at each port. Meals and alcoholic drinks are included, but if you need higher end wine (vs regular wine), then there would be a charge. Anyway, free wifi, tips, even medical was included. They are not cheap, but all nickel and diming is gone and you just enjoy the cruise without checking your account balance each morning. They even included roundtrip airfare to the initial/final ports as well as hotel stay the night before sailing.

Thanks for all the info, this thread will be useful for a lot of folks. No one has actually recommended a travel agent though. It may be nice just to go to them, tell them what one wants and go from there.

Thanks for all the info, this thread will be useful for a lot of folks. No one has actually recommended a travel agent though. It may be nice just to go to them, tell them what one wants and go from there.
We have used this lady for years, and she has gotten some good deals for us, YMMV

"Isabel Ballesteros" <iballesteros@departurelounge.com>

Got it. I know Blow That Dough, but the acronym messed me up. I had visions of some new disease. "If you don't worry about BTD"

Thankfully, I seem to have a natural immunity to the cruise variant of the BTD disease. So far I have had no great desire to cruise. But, as I grow older I fear the immunity may falter as the need for elevators goes up. Then, who knows? I may be that cranky guy with LBYM disease who causes the entire ship to be quarantined.

Last edited:
We’re most familiar with Viking Ocean and they are “virtually” all-inclusive and no surprises.

All food is included in the fare including the two special restaurants.

Unlimited wine/beer is included with all meals. These are good, but not awesome wines and beers. If you want higher end wines, beers, or liquor there is a “silver spirits package” for unlimited higher end stuff including cocktails. This seems fair to the folks who aren’t big drinkers, while offering something for those who are.

They offer prepaid gratuities as well. This gets distributed to all ("This charge will be shared among the onboard staff who helped support and provide your cruise experience, including the waitstaff, stateroom stewards, buffet stewards, galley staff, laundry staff and others”). As much as we really liked our stewards (you kinda get to know them on along cruise), it’s nice to see the tips distributed to people with less facetime who might not get tipped as much in other setups. On the other hand, I’d personally prefer just folding this into the base price, but that’s not how the world works apparently.

Finally, excursions are an extra charge - beyond the included ones. These are also prepaid (if you wait to purchase them until the cruise most of the good ones will be completely booked and unavailable). So this is another upfront charge to decide on, but won’t be a “surprise”.

So if you are looking to avoid and end of cruise surprises, Viking provides this. There is absolutely zero upsell for anything. There really isn’t much for them to upsell - though there are a couple of shops onboard.

When you are shopping for cruises it’s very easy to know what the cost will be for a Viking cruise. It’s all spelled out upfront with no surprises built in.

My DB and SIL have used Viking river cruises for two trips in Europe, and I believe they are all inclusive.
Sorry, I don't know of a specific travel agent/agency for all inclusive.

Find a cruise that promises not to have PA system announcements for Bingo, art auctions, spa specials, and crap like that. Then pay in advance for anything you want or are compelled to pay for (the totally mis labeled "gratuities"). That leads to a less nickel and dime cruise experience.

Find a cruise that promises not to have PA system announcements for Bingo, art auctions, spa specials, and crap like that. Then pay in advance for anything you want or are compelled to pay for (the totally mis labeled "gratuities"). That leads to a less nickel and dime cruise experience.

Wow, that sounds really annoying. Haven’t experienced that on Viking or Seabourn.

They do have daily announcements and emergency drill announcements, but that’s all.

Back
Top Bottom