Any Bargain Priced cruises in Alaska this summer ?

Mark6107

Confused about dryer sheets
My ladyfriend and I have been trying to find a 7 day cruise in Alaska -the Inside passage with Air fare for $2000 or less next June. We have traveled
on several Holland AMerica ships and really enjoy them but we are told Princess or Celebrity may have better deals. We don't mind going from
VanCover or from Seattle.. The price is a prime factor for us at this time.
Can anyone give us some pointers ?

Actually, since I was curious, I tried a couple of other sites. Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets, Cheap Airfare & Discount Travel Deals - Kayak.com comes up with the same price. As does Sam's Club travel (which has $75 in shipboard credits included as well). Taxes and fees get you, though.

Cruise:
$1,368.00
Taxes and surcharges:
$225.98

Total cost:
$1,593.98

And that's obviously without the cost of getting to Seattle.

We have traveled on several Holland AMerica ships and really enjoy them

We cruise a lot and have been using Cruise Brothers - Cruise Vacations, Cruise Deals, Discount Cruises, Luxury Cruise Deals on Princess/Carnival/Norwegian Cruise Lines of late. Any of the above mentioned Travel Agencies should provide excellent advise to you. Do not, however, book your cruise through a Cruise Line directly... unless, of course, you wish to pay a premium

Interestingly, Holland America sent us a link yesterday for a Sale (no pun intended) of their Alaska repositioning -- San Diego to Vancouver for as little as $299 for inside and $549 Veranda. We have taken this cruise and although a little rough (it is bucking the Japanese Current) it is a good cruise experience for the money.

Holland America Line

We are leaving next week on a 8-day drive to Ft. Lauderdale for a 10-day cruise of the Southern Caribbean and a 9-day drive back home. That kinda rules out any thoughts of Pacific cruising this Spring/Summer.

Have fun.

Make sure you reserve that much for your excursions!

We did the Inside Passage a couple of years ago, and there really isn't a whole lot to do once in port if you don't take advantage of the excursions. Things like dogsledding and the train up from Skagway to the White Mountain Pass are kind of once-in-a-lifetime things, but cost tons.

Vacationstogo.com - we're going on an Alaska cruise this May for 7 days - $1500 for both of us, also got cheap airfare to Seattle - didn't like the excursions so much, will probably do our own.

Also, Princess just knocked down their prices on Alaskan cruises. Mine was already booked, but I called and got an upgraded cabin for $100 less than I was paying originally.

Just checked out book from the library "Alaska Cruises and Ports of Call" 2007 Frommer - gives a good rundown on all the cruise lines, ships, costs, and land excursions - I'm going to copy a few pages to take with us on our cruise this May - glad I found this!

I've used CruiseBrothers too - I was very happy with what they recommended. I bet their agents would tell you whether or not Holland America was worth the extra bucks (I also took a Holland America cruise and loved it, and have been told by others that it's one of the better lines).

We were looking at going this summer with some friends, but just couldn't get thrilled enough to part with 6-8k so we could do it. We have too many other "one-offs" this year to feel comfortable with that, and if I am going on a cruise, I want to have a balcony cabin, not an inside cabin (price more than doubles), enough cash to really enjoy shore excursions, and enough time to justify the nearly $750 per head airfare. Probably won't do this one, and will save what we would have used on that trip and put it towards a visit to Europe/UK. I have been dozens of times for work but DW really wants a chance to go see a few things.
R

Back
Top Bottom