Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-15-2017, 05:15 AM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets

Denver 1972,what I remember most is they came around with a very large steamship
round of beef, and carved it at the table.
Very good meal, after spending a year in Korea, and being discharged from the army the day before
this was a real treat.

Old Mike
mf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2017, 06:10 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

When I was about age 15 I would babysit for the lifeguard at our pool, she also happen to be a Playboy bunny. Her and her dates would come home go upstairs come down after awhile and than I was driven home. The dates always drove stingrays or Porsches, and always paid me well.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:18 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Was she hot?

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:40 AM   #24

Yes. When I was about 14 years old. Greatest day of life up to that point!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:57 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
For the guys (and gals) out there.... have you been to a Playboy Club?
No, but I went to a strip club in rural South Carolina with some (male) colleagues when I was first starting out as an engineer around 1988. The club featured an exotic dancer with a live boa constrictor. Neither the dancer nor the snake seemed to be having much fun, but the (male) audience enjoyed themselves. Not my cup of tea.
socca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexman View Post
No, but I've been to Fire Cat in Patpong.
Hope you wore 'latex' man
Huston55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #27

DW & I and another married couple we were friends with visited the Playboy Club in London ~1982/3. We had drinks, my buddy & I played a bit of cards...lost immediately, then we went back to our hotel.

The decor was nice, service was friendly, and the bunnies were very easy on the eyes. But, I remember feeling out of place because it seemed to be a place for high rollers or those pretending to be (certainly not us), and the whole vibe seemed very manufactured to me. However, we did it for the experience, and we got that.
Huston55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #28

Never been always wanted to but never had the chance . Every year we go to Key West for Fantasy Fest. Hef walks in the parades with his smoker jacket pipe and lovely girls. DW has photos with Hef. He always rents a mansion at Fantasy Fest and has a reenactment of the old Playboy days . Brings in some Celebrity bunnies . Because FF is for an older crown Hef is like a Rockstar!
Breedlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:54 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODude View Post
<snip> the bunny said a lot of them developed what they called "bunny belly." I guess the trussing of the abdomen in the tight costumes distorted the anatomy; have no idea how permanent it may have been. Anyway, thought it was interesting.
I do remember reading that the bunny outfits were very scientifically engineered to make the most out of their assets and the actual structure was a deep, dark secret. It may be that enclosing the abdomen in what was basically a very tight girdle meant that the abdominal muscles didn't have to do any work and thus lost their tone.
athena53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by socca View Post
No, but I went to a strip club in rural South Carolina with some (male) colleagues when I was first starting out as an engineer around 1988. The club featured an exotic dancer with a live boa constrictor. Neither the dancer nor the snake seemed to be having much fun, but the (male) audience enjoyed themselves. Not my cup of tea.
Just be clear socca, the Playboy Clubs and strip clubs are two totally different things... not even in the same universe.

As others have mentioned, the Playboy Clubs were the predecessor of today's "Breastaurants" like Hooters or Twin Peaks or Tilted Kilt and the like. There was no nudity, just scanty uniforms... and the Playboy Clubs were much more exclusive and upscale than today's Breastaurants... initially they were members only but I think they loosened up later on.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Just be clear socca, the Playboy Clubs and strip clubs are two totally different things... not even in the same universe.
What's the difference between being ogled while wearing a Playboy bunny suit and being ogled while swinging around an unhappy snake while naked? Not much, IMO.
socca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:03 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by socca View Post
What's the difference between being ogled while wearing a Playboy bunny suit and being ogled while swinging around an unhappy snake while naked? Not much, IMO.
Well yea, but the Playboy clubs had the pretense of sophistication.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:40 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Closest I came to it, the girls' gym teacher in my junior year of high school had once worked as a bunny. She probably weighed all of 100 pounds and was fairly pretty. Not the warmest or friendliest teacher, but due to the "she was a bunny" rep, she probably had to work even harder at being taken seriously at work than most women did back then.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:53 PM   #34
Full time employment: Posting here.

You can still find the girls with the outfits at The Gentlemen's Club(s) in Tokyo, Japan. It's an exact replica outfit and ambience-wise, except with Japanese girls. When I was there on business, it was a popular dinner destination for our hosts.
Starsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huston55 View Post
Hope you wore 'latex' man
Good one!
latexman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:57 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

I worked with some salesmen who were members of Chicago's Gaslight Club, a predecessor to the Playboy Club whose waitresses wore corsets and a garter. The guys took out-of-town male clients for three martini lunches and dinners. Not sure how many deals were closed there but they all seemed to like the place in a wink wink nudge nudge way.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:53 PM   #37

Dressed up as a PB Bunny for Halloween when I was around 30. I won 1st prize in the costume contest. Not sure where the photo is. If I find it, I'll post it.

It was amazing to learn how iconic a Bunny was. I had so many guys come up to me and speak quite reverentially. Some even politely asked to gently touch my puffy white tail.

The whole experience was not quite what I would have expected.

omni
omni550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:25 AM   #38
Full time employment: Posting here.

Early 70's: tried to get in with my Uncle and some cousins for lunch (Jamaica). They turned him down since he didn't have the key with him. My cousin got even when they wouldn't tell her where the ladies room was right away, and she threw up in the hallway.
Early 80's: was in NYC for business, and we were taken to the club there. It was nice, and the food was cheap. The drinks however were pricey (water was about $5 per glass). It was fun, and one of my roommates on the trip ended up going home with a Bunny (whole 'nuther storey!!).
Taxman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:06 AM   #39
Give me a forum ...

Never been to a playboy club. Why go out for hamburger when you can enjoy steak at home?
Old 05-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #40

I went to one in Jamaica. In the 70's....I was like 12 or so at the time. It was with my family, for lunch on a cruise shore excursion. I do remember the bunny costume being rigid. The costume! You know, like the earlier post about how it was like a "very tight girdle".
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote