Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I visited the Sea Lion Caves in August 2013. Unfortunately the sea lions were not at home. :(

Bummer.....last time I was there was in the mid 1990s...the cave was 'full' and sea lions could be seen out at sea heading in.

I visited the Sea Lion Caves in August 2013. Unfortunately the sea lions were not at home. :(

Probably hanging out at Fisherman's Wharf in SF. I've never been there when they weren't their usual noisy selves.

Probably hanging out at Fisherman's Wharf in SF. I've never been there when they weren't their usual noisy selves.

I was just thinking....it was generally winter/early spring when I visited before....in the middle of summer they're probably engaging in 'outdoor activities'. :D

Just a note. It takes longer to go from San Simeon to Santa Cruz than you'd think... Plan a full day for that part of the drive. Very windy (very beautiful) roads.

Also consider visiting Hearst Castle when you're in the central coast area. I've done every tour they have - my favorite was the kitchen tour, LOL.
Also don't miss Carmel and Monteray, Napa and Sonoma. (Montecino, Cannon Beach and Tillamook are also interesting side trips.)

Tomorrow we fly to Cambodia for ten days. Should be very interesting.

If you're ever in Dayton, Ohio, this one is superb:

National Museum of the USAF

I was in Dayton once (a trip for a meeting at Wright Patterson AFB), and had a chance to visit that museum. Wonderful place! I was particularly tickled by the Goblin XF-85 that was specifically designed to defend the B-36 bomber. Would not want to be its pilot though.

This wonderful museum is free. I booked a vacation to bring back my wife and my son, then a teenager, to visit this museum as the highlight of the trip.

In his teenage years, my son loved aviation, particularly old biplanes. So, I booked a trip to take him to Kitty Hawk where the Wright Brothers made their 1st flight.

Is the Air Museum still there? It's worth a look.

It most certainly is. I learnt about its existence on this forum (thank you!) and spent a full day there. It was awesome.

Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum | Wings & Waves Waterpark | McMinnville Oregon

Ummm... I think we are talking about two different museums here. The one in Tillamook is not too far from the Tillamook cheese factory, while the Evergreen one has the Spruce Goose.

Worth a visit just to see the building, built originally for blimps.

Yes..I was there around 25 years ago....driving north from Malibu to B.C. Enjoyed it.

Just got back from a week at Club Med Columbus Isle (actually San Salvador - Bahamas). Weather was a bit windy/chilly for a couple of days but compared to Vermont was heaven.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457276567.560252.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• bz-panel-01-25-12 - AIR-MUSEUM-JOKE-.jpg
    bz-panel-01-25-12 - AIR-MUSEUM-JOKE-.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 10
US Virgin Islands the end of the year. Otherwise this summer car cruise of the Pacific NW.

Santa Fe and Taos.

Just pulled the trigger, and got flights, hotels and car booked. Found an interesting place between Santa Fe and Taos called Chimayo, which is a pilgrimage site.
Also found a company that will let you fly a warbird in Santa Fe, so I am planning to book a one hour flight in a MIG 15.

Back to Morocco...
Rodi, but what should he buy me!!
I think they are going to take the train back to Tangier at some point, but considering they don't have any sort of route yet, it is hard to guess.

Oh, and these are the mini bikes:
http://youtu.be/UfSU9wY7rWo

Oh man! That's serious fun. These Honda Z-50 "monkeybikes" are popular in Europe, and they are even street legal there. They have rallies in England, Germany, and in Greece as the following video shows.

However, for real traveling, I would prefer the taller and longer CT-70 with a 70cc engine instead of 50cc. And these bikes can be souped up to an engine as large as 150cc. Here's a DAX 70 (same as the CT-70 trail bike sold in the US) rally in France.

Last edited:
So, I applied for TSA Global Entry, new Capital 1 credit cards (no foreign exchange fees) and opened a Fidelity Cash Management account - their ATM gives us fee-free withdrawals in Europe. I think we're ready to travel..:)

So, I applied for TSA Global Entry, new Capital 1 credit cards (no foreign exchange fees) and opened a Fidelity Cash Management account - their ATM gives us fee-free withdrawals in Europe. I think we're ready to travel..:)

PIN priority? Well you really need it if you're driving and need to refill at a gas station kiosk.

Schwab has good ATM card, with chip and their iPhone app will show the withdrawals right away, with Touch ID to log in.

This is one we are deferring until 2017. It appears now is too late for us to make optimal reservations:

fly into Calgary
drive to Waterton and stay there for hikes
drive to Glacier and hike
drive up to Banff for a day or two
drive up the parkway and see some nice scenery plus glaciers
stay in Jaspar for some days, good hikes
back to Calgary for flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom