Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife and I drove our motorhome to the Keys where we will live for a few months...

Just booked a two week trip to Bejing, Xian and Shanghai. Really looking forward to visiting that part of the world.

DH and I are flying to Las Vegas Sunday and spending a couple of days there, renting a car and going to Zion, Bryce, Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. Might go to Sedonna AZ and then driving to San Diego for 3 weeks to our DD and family. Planning on taking the soon to be 3 yr old to Disneyland while we are there. We took her to a local amusement park (Kennywood) here last year and she closed the park and had a ball. Hope it goes as good at Disneyland.

5 weeks camping in Northern Ontario starting at the end of June.

2 week cruise to Hawaii in September

3 weeks in Rarotonga, Cook Islands and Tahiti next January

Can't wait to retire and then really hit the road!

We are planning a week in Provence in September followed by 3 or 4 days in Paris on the return. Really looking forward to it because we spent a week in Paris last month and need to go back. We also spent a week in Provence last fall and loved it. I can't wait until we are both retired so we can spend more consecutive time travelling.

DH and I are flying to Las Vegas Sunday and spending a couple of days there, renting a car and going to Zion, Bryce, Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. Might go to Sedonna AZ and then driving to San Diego for 3 weeks to our DD and family. Planning on taking the soon to be 3 yr old to Disneyland while we are there. We took her to a local amusement park (Kennywood) here last year and she closed the park and had a ball. Hope it goes as good at Disneyland.

Kennywood Park sure rings a bell with me. Lived in that area from 1976 through 1980. My kids thought they had died and gone to heaven. Every now and then that name comes up. Hope you have a great trip out west.
I love the San Diego area. Sister and BIL lived in Escondido for a number of years and visited them. :)

We are planning a week in Provence in September followed by 3 or 4 days in Paris on the return. Really looking forward to it because we spent a week in Paris last month and need to go back. We also spent a week in Provence last fall and loved it. I can't wait until we are both retired so we can spend more consecutive time travelling.
Spending a month in France in September: Paris, Normandy, Tours, Lyon, wine country, Provence, Nice. Might pass you!

Kennywood Park sure rings a bell with me. Lived in that area from 1976 through 1980. My kids thought they had died and gone to heaven. Every now and then that name comes up. Hope you have a great trip out west.
I love the San Diego area. Sister and BIL lived in Escondido for a number of years and visited them. :)

We live in Morgantown WV, but usually go to Kennywood once a year. It was perfect for taking our granddaughter, since it is a smaller park and has a great kiddie ride section. We went the day the park was closing for the year and rode until quitting time. I think she rode the carousel 5 times straight and then (thankfully) they closed it for the year.

Nothing planned until September. Then driving up to North Carolina to visit sister and BIL. My brother and SIL from Ohio will be there also.
It's a ritual for all of us to get together every five years to celebrate birthdays. I will be 75, sister and BIL, are 70, brother and SIL are 65. They live just over the border from Mrytle Beach, SC. Fun time will be had. They live in a big golf course development so will swing a few clubs and down a few beers. Really looking forward to it.:dance:

Taking our 5 year old DGD next weekend to...Dinosaurland! In White Post VA, one of the greatest tourist traps remaining in the world. Should be a blast.

Attachments

• dinoland.gif
    dinoland.gif
    146.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 16914765.jpg
    16914765.jpg
    661.7 KB · Views: 13
Someday soon, I'll be flying to Kansas City to help my son and his wife with their first baby.:)

Wife is in Yosemite this week with sister; we just got back from 2 weeks in Mexico; looking to move there semi-permanently in a few months...

We hope to take the 1st month to visit US state parks from Cali back to TX, maybe Yellowstone, Zion, Yosemite, others too...then off to Mexico!

Just got back from Mariner of the Seas 12 day Holy Land Cruise. December cruising from Ft Lauderdale to Santiago Chile on Celebrity.

DW and I just booked a trip to Kenya and Tanzania for next February.

DW and I just booked a trip to Kenya and Tanzania for next February.
Hope you're going to the Selous?

Me, I found Kenya too much like Disneyland.....have one pic of a sleeping lion with something like 20 minivans surrounding it.......and that was 25 years ago......I imagine things have gotten exponentially worse.

Am at the airport now and boarding my flight to Milan and then onwards to Catania, Sicily soon. It's gonna be a long flight with 6 hours transit in Milan. I am advised to have at least 4 hours transit to be on the safe side to clear customs and then go into immigration again to catch connecting domestic flights in Milan. Good thing I am flying business class which were redeemed against mileage points (present from DH). Plan to sleep in the plane so that I feel fresher when I arrive. No booze - just one xanax to knock me off - hopefully. When I am in Sicily, I can have all the wine and good food as I like...yummy...

Just booked a 12 day cruise for Istanbul with a follow on DIY driving tour in Turkey. Med. cruise prices have dropped substantially over the past 30 days.

Air prices seem to have decreased as well or perhaps we just 'hit' at the right time.

The wife and I are going to Barbados for 7 days (9 counting travel days) in mid-August. Finally taking our "honeymoon" (hitting 5 years of marriage in December). We're very excited.

Enjoy Sicily!

Was beautiful in June, though very windy at times.

I will go back to Guatemala / El Salvador in October, then Nicaragua January / February, and Colombia in April / May. Then back to Guatemala late 2012...

We're off to Buenos Aires early August for a quick look-see. Not sure what is happening for the rest of the year.

Going to Scotland at the end of Ramadan (end of August). Going for the end of Edinburgh's Fringe Festival and getting a guided tour of Glasgow by a Glaswegian.

More adventures planned. Estonia, for one (though not in winter).

Our big summer trip was to Kansas City, MO. :D Not nearly as exotic as most mentioned here, but we had so much fun. Got the hotel (Hotel Phillips) for $54/night and KC Royals tickets (very good seats) for $7.25 each on Ebay.

Did the Boulevard Brewing Co. tour, visited Steamboat Arabia Museum, farmers market on Saturday morning, Power & Light District at night and too, too much very good food.

I highly recommend it for anybody wanting a short, "cheap" trip.

After I retire in July 2012, am hoping for more beaches and islands, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom