Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to Annecy from Paris and working our way down to Nice along the eastern border. 2 weeks and we are also flexible!

We are going to Annecy from Paris and working our way down to Nice along the eastern border. 2 weeks and we are also flexible!

Annecy looks great! There are just TOO many places we want to visit!

(We're also, along with the two other repositioning cruises we're looking at, contemplating Brilliance of the Seas leaving Barcelona Nov 09, for Tampa. Flights to Toronto are cheaper from Tampa than San Juan, (and a friend we don't get to see too often might be at her 2nd, (or is it 3rd?), home there when we arrive, which is another big plus.)

Headed to Puerto Vallarta for a week then three weeks in the Baja including Cabo, LaPaz, Loreto and Todos Santos.

(We're also, along with the two other repositioning cruises we're looking at, contemplating Brilliance of the Seas leaving Barcelona Nov 09, for Tampa.

Booked Brilliance of the Seas this a.m.

(If we weren't still working on our May/June trip we'd delve further into a pre-cruise itinerary.......since we'll pretty much go anywhere, we might just keep a look out for cheap flights 'somewhere' and wend our way to Barcelona from there.....wherever 'there' might be.)

That is exactly what we do...look for cheap flight or travel offers to 'somewhere' Just as long as 'somewhere' is either on one of our respective bucket lists or close to an area that is.

You cannot go wrong with Barcelona. Access to many interesting places-by land, sea, or rail.

At one point two years ago, in our travels, we were looking at a last minute Pulmantur cruise. It was 7 day Med for $299 blowout. Never been on Pulmantur. Grabbed an RCI from Rome to Barcelona instead because of the cruise price. It also gave us one way cruise air home to Calgary for a good price that precluded the necessity to get to another city in order to obtain reasonable o/w fare home.

It makes travel interesting!

As an aside, we usually ask lots of questions on Tripadvisor forums. We leave next week and have had challenges getting local expert info on Uruguay and Chile. We tuned into Lonely Planet forums and have been getting excellent advice on independent travel in Chile.

Last edited:
We used to grab cheap flights to any place that looked decent and that we had not been to before. There are always something interesting to see, some different food to try. No bucket list, or rather the entire world is my bucket list.

About Annecy, I have not been there, and my itinerary this early summer will take me close to it. But 6 weeks is not a long time, and there's not enough time to visit. Oh well, I've got to save something for next time.

You cannot go wrong with Barcelona.

We return to Barcelona again and again.......either hang around the city or take numerous side trips.

Never been on Pulmantur.
We have three back-to-backs with them coming up in May.....will let you know how it goes.

(They are older ships, which we like; relatively smaller ships, which we like; and there'll be a variety of nationalities/languages in the passenger register, (a given vis-a-vis the crew), which we also like.)

DW is in Maui right now. Getaway with some girlfriends. I'm home taking care of the cat. What's wrong with this picture? :facepalm:

We are leaving this week for 2 weeks in AZ. We will be going to Mesa, Winslow, Sedonna, Sierra Vista and Bisbee.

Flying to Hong Kong, spend a couple of days there, then flying to Vietnam for 12 days, then returning to HK for one night, before returning home.

In a couple of weeks.

I just booked a cruise (Carnival Pride) that departs on Valentines Day out of Tampa to Cozumel and the Grand Caymans.

Anybody been on The Little Yellow Train?

We return to Barcelona again and again.......either hang around the city or take numerous side trips.

We have three back-to-backs with them coming up in May.....will let you know how it goes.

(They are older ships, which we like; relatively smaller ships, which we like; and there'll be a variety of nationalities/languages in the passenger register, (a given vis-a-vis the crew), which we also like.)

Absolutely - Love Barcelona - Been on two Celebrity TA's and would do another one - in a heartbeat. :cool:

This year, we are heading in May to Paris (6 days) and Prague (3 days.) Also, in December, we've got my retirement trip planned on the Celebrity Equinox. A week in the Caribbean right before Christmas.

Just a low key year for us. :dance:

Michael

we are heading in May to Paris (6 days) and Prague (3 days.)

Have you been to Prague before? (We love it, but like Budapest just a little bit more.)

We leave tomorrow for nine weeks. Uruguay,Buenos Aires, cruise, Chile, Panama, Costa Rica, and home when hopefully the snow is going.

Already thinking about a fall trip to Greece or Croatia with a stop (UK is attractive because of the GBP) along the way.

Might try a transatlantic home but I strongly suspect prices will not be as attractive as in prior years. My understanding is that there are fewer ships in in Europe this year and US tourism to Europe is projected to be very high.

Have you been to Prague before? (We love it, but like Budapest just a little bit more.)

I actually worked in the Balkans during the late 1990's and spent a lot of time in Central & Eastern Europe.

Don't laugh too hard - but I spent a week in Tuzla, Bosnia working with an NGO and as a courtesy trip made spent three nights in Budapest. The weather was very cold and I was quite tired and remember being propositioned by a couple of young ladies in Central Square. I fell for the bait and drinks for the three ladies ended up costing me almost two hundred dollars.

Actually, I was quite fortunate that it only cost me $200 as they were drinking pretty pricey stuff and I stopped the tab - very early in the process. So, I do not have a good memory of Budapest.

On the other hand, I spent a week in Bratislava and one of the field reps suggested that I take train trip (10 hours) to Prague and spend 24 hours there and return - in order to catch my flight back to the U.S. Again, this was another situation where I had been on the road for 4 or 5 weeks and just wanted to get home. I decided to pass on Prague and save it for another day.

Wife has Paris on her bucket list - so added an additional 3 days in order to catch the highlights of Prague. :)

Michael

I actually worked in the Balkans during the late 1990's and spent a lot of time in Central & Eastern Europe.

We are scheduled to be in Kraków & Warsaw in June...any tips?

(Glad to hear you escaped with some of your money. ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom